Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Leftover sausage pie.
Cabbage & kale salad with lemon/olive oil vinaigrette/yeast flakes and pumpkin seeds.
Alpro (mango nas) yogurt.
A glass of Merlot

Reactions: Val
Last night we made an Egyptian barley salad using a slightly modified version of this recipe: Egyptian Barley Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette - Once Upon a Chef It's easy, filling and delicious. I highly recommend it.

Tonight, we are making an Irish stout root vegetable stew in the slow cooker. I am looking forward to it already. Also, I already have a vegetable tetrazzini recipe selected for next week's menu.
Kruto!👍😎 Your recipes always sound so creative and delicious... What admires me most, is how you always find the energy and inspiration to invent your "everyday's magic" in your kitchen. Seriously,- it's very very cool. I wish i was as hardworking as you are.🌞

Kruto!👍😎 Your recipes always sound so creative and delicious... What admires me most, is how you always find the energy and inspiration to invent your "everyday's magic" in your kitchen. Seriously,- it's very very cool. I wish i was as hardworking as you are.🌞
That's very kind, but honestly most of our recipes are just the result of internet searches and an openness to exploring all ethnicities of cuisine. Beyond that, it's just being able to make a few simple ingredient substitutions now and then. Setting a goal to make 2 different recipes each week does help us avoid going the store bought route too often though. It also saves us money from dining out, which is another bonus. Sometimes I will go to a store or restaurant, see a dish that may or may not be vegetarian and think, "oh hey, we should try to find a recipe to make a version of that for ourselves". Hence the Tetrazzini idea, for example.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A veggie(raw) burger served with steamed broccoli & carrots plus a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of
smoked sea salt plus a white cabbage slaw.
Alpro mango yogurt.
A glass of Côtes du Rhône.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I think I want vegan quesadillas tonight. I will use some Aldi chik'n tenders for the protein and add cheese, onions and olives.

Reactions: Val and shyvas
I will have the rest of the vegan quesadilla and maybe some tortilla chips and salsa.

For next week's dinners we decided on vegetable tetrazzini and a batch of mulligatawny soup.
I've not had that soup, but it sounds delicious.

I can't decide what I want for dinner. I think I want to make a new dish. Off to search the recipe books. :D

For next week's dinners we decided on vegetable tetrazzini and a batch of mulligatawny soup.
Oho! I had to google *mulligatawny soup*, ...and it's Indian, and it sounds delicious!:drool: :up: In the past, i loved making Aloo-Gajar Sabji (potato-carrot curry), and other curry recipes, (and i always had loads of Indian food apps on my phone) ...but i got tired of this taste, and i'm not sure when i return to curry.

Reactions: PTree15
We're making dinner for my boyfriend's folks this evening at their place. We decided on the Egyptian barley salad we enjoyed so much, but I'm substituting sorghum, since his mother has a gluten sensitivity. We're also making a Lebanese eggplant maghmour, which seems to be a tomato, eggplant and chickpea stew with Mediterranean spices.

We're making dinner for my boyfriend's folks this evening at their place. We decided on the Egyptian barley salad we enjoyed so much, but I'm substituting sorghum, since his mother has a gluten sensitivity. We're also making a Lebanese eggplant maghmour, which seems to be a tomato, eggplant and chickpea stew with Mediterranean spices.
Dinner was a hit. His parents were eager to keep all the leftovers. We obliged.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15