Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

No cookies? Blasphemy! :scream:
Haha…shocker for me, I know. I struggle with junk food cravings. I’m lucky I eat what I do without too many bad consequences. I do try to balance it with healthy food, too. Maybe that’s why I get away with it...for the most part. I could probably lose my excess ten pounds easily if I could just cut out the snacking for a month, lol. I mean, I’ve done it in the past. I’m just not in sacrifice mode right now, haha.

I used to eat honey in my breakfast, lunch and dinner as my grand mother use to let us eat drink honey all day to full fill our daily crabs protein needs, my grandmother uses Ethiopian Honey as specially made organic honey, so I must suggest you all to eat lalhoney, and its good for everyone to live healthy life....

I used to eat honey in my breakfast, lunch and dinner as my grand mother use to let us eat drink honey all day to full fill our daily crabs protein needs, my grandmother uses Ethiopian Honey as specially made organic honey, so I must suggest you all to eat lalhoney, and its good for everyone to live healthy life....

Honey is mainly sugar. What health properties it has, you would have to eat a lot of honey to make use of. Nobody eats that much honey.

Is Honey Healthy? Here's What Experts Say
But it’s important to consider the full nutritional picture. To get many of these benefits, “we’d have to eat a lot of honey,” says Friedman. “And unfortunately, consuming a lot of honey means consuming a lot of calories.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...af291c-d7d8-11e8-83a2-d1c3da28d6b6_story.html
So, is honey actually good for you?

The not-so-sweet answer: not really, when it’s used as a food. Honey does supply some nutrients, such as iron and vitamin C. But the amounts are so small — less than 1 percent of what you need in a day — that it’s basically meaningless, says Amy Keating, a Consumer Reports nutritionist.

Added to that, of course, is the cost to the bees who work extremely hard to make it for their own benefit, not ours.

Last edited:
I soaked some dry navy beans the night before last, and yesterday I cooked them in the slow cooker, adding some brown rice after the beans had cooked a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't let the beans cook quite long enough first- they're a tiny bit chewier than I'd like, although I had tested a few before adding the rice and thought they were almost done. Today I had some of the leftovers for lunch.

Haha…shocker for me, I know. I struggle with junk food cravings. I’m lucky I eat what I do without too many bad consequences. I do try to balance it with healthy food, too. Maybe that’s why I get away with it...for the most part. I could probably lose my excess ten pounds easily if I could just cut out the snacking for a month, lol. I mean, I’ve done it in the past. I’m just not in sacrifice mode right now, haha.
I'm glad that you are trying to be more healthy and balanced. That's really good. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Hi @merryjane! Most vegans don’t consider honey to be, well, vegan, so you won’t see much, if any, support here for consuming it. It’s nice to see you posting in the forum though! :)

Field Roast Italian Sausage on a bun with sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup, hot banana peppers and a side of air fried potatoes (malt vinegar, ketchup)

fyi - I was reading the Nutritional label for the sausage and it is pretty amazing what they have in them, vitamin-wise - 250%+ B12 and a whole bunch of other amazing minerals and vitamins, fairly low in fat and decent fibre also

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I wish I could find the original flavor of Field Roast Sausage…I really like them but none of my stores have the plain, only diffferent flavor like apple sage or Italian (I think). I forget which brands are which flavors. I just know I can’t seem to get original in either field roast or tofurky sausages.

@PTree15

I ground my soy curls down a bit finer in a food processor first before re-hydrating. For the loaf I used some panko bread crumbs, a bit of flour, and Just Egg to bind it together, which worked amazingly well. It actually held together better than my soy curl Gyro/Donair loaf I made a while back. That was more crumbly than I had hoped, where this had almost the exact consistency of real meatloaf. It slices nicely for leftover meatloaf sandwiches, which is the true test.

I also sauteed the soy curl crumbs in some vegan butter to add both fat and some additioanl flavour. During the saute I also added a little bit of Marmite, molasses, and more beefless stock to moisten the meat and add the flavour I wanted. It also gave it a more authentic dark colour. This is a simplified version of what I did, as I also added herbs, glaze, etc.

Thank you so much for sharing that! I might have enough crumbs/little pieces to try this out soon. Maybe this weekend. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Veganite