Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made a heap of soy curl jerky this afternoon. In the process I had all the crumbs leftover, as well as some I had previously frozen. So...I just made a soy curl meatloaf for dinner. I could not find a recipe for soy curl meatloaf, so I made my own. It ain't rocket science, but I am really amazed at how tasty it came out. I will definitely make this again.

That is a great idea for the crumbs! I save mine from each bag and have them in the fridge. The last time, I made tacos with the crumbs, but I like the loaf idea.

Same here! I actually do like matcha.
Green tea gives me a weird tummy, I have to have something to eat with it, and I don't like to drink when I eat. I am currently looking for a Japanese sencha that's not too pricey. I am sold on it's health properties. It's good as a mouthrinse too

I get a green tea at the bulk store (they have an amazing selection) - Bancha - it is a bit less potent than Sencha and yet so many great healthy components - we stretch it by making one large mug and then refilling it until it is almost clear.

Last night we made out aglio y olio a bit differently - garlic/chili peppers/mushrooms with linguini and then chopped fresh parsley and arugula and mixed it in - cherry tomatoes and olives on the side instead of mixed in.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: 500channelsurfer
I made a heap of soy curl jerky this afternoon. In the process I had all the crumbs leftover, as well as some I had previously frozen. So...I just made a soy curl meatloaf for dinner. I could not find a recipe for soy curl meatloaf, so I made my own. It ain't rocket science, but I am really amazed at how tasty it came out. I will definitely make this again.

I put my crumbs in my microwaved oatmeal and also in my noodley soups.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Veganite
That is a great idea for the crumbs! I save mine from each bag and have them in the fridge. The last time, I made tacos with the crumbs, but I like the loaf idea.
The crumbs are perfect for burgers, or chili, or maybe your zucchini cakes? I failed at trying that recipe :fp:
Loaves always come out too mushy for me, unless seitan based

I'm thinking of something with the gyro style seitan I made besides all sandwiches. Mostly because I want to make another seitan :laughing:
Like layered with a bechamel sauce and potatoes.?
In a cooking mood today

@PTree15

I ground my soy curls down a bit finer in a food processor first before re-hydrating. For the loaf I used some panko bread crumbs, a bit of flour, and Just Egg to bind it together, which worked amazingly well. It actually held together better than my soy curl Gyro/Donair loaf I made a while back. That was more crumbly than I had hoped, where this had almost the exact consistency of real meatloaf. It slices nicely for leftover meatloaf sandwiches, which is the true test.

I also sauteed the soy curl crumbs in some vegan butter to add both fat and some additioanl flavour. During the saute I also added a little bit of Marmite, molasses, and more beefless stock to moisten the meat and add the flavour I wanted. It also gave it a more authentic dark colour. This is a simplified version of what I did, as I also added herbs, glaze, etc.

Again I did something without thinking it through! I made lentil & chickpea stew, with orzo, in the Instant Pot. It needs 6 min cook time, and then about 10 npr, so, not wanting the orzo to get overcooked, as it would (and has) I started the lentils with the water and spices to boil, then added the orzo and the carrots and celery, then put the lid on and set pressure for 4 min. Well, the orzo came out just right, but the carrots and the celery were still firm :fp: . I'd never had issue with those needing less time, just did not think :shrug::ignore:.
Not real happy about this, hoping letting it sit will soften them both, but I really do wish they were soft :sadnod:
This is how my chili from dry beans--I bring the soaked beans to a boil before adding the veggies and the lid--but then it's 15 min pressure.

The stew is phenomenal! Always is, even though I always play with the spices--this time used Penzeys Northwest Fire blend exclusively.
Topped with soy yogurt 😘
I ate the carrots at the beginning, kinda like they were a side dish 😆

A bit later, after it chills, will be having my smoked gouda with crackers!

I am probably just going to boil up some rice and red lentils with tofu, onions, garlic and carrots, with salt and pepper.

edit: I am also going to put in tomato cubes

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52

What a great idea! I may have to copy you. Not tonight though lol.