Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm making some classic French Onion soup today. I will try a combination of Miyoko's mozza and some Violife for the topping. This will be dinner tonight, along with a hearty green salad. I plan on freezing the leftovers. Onion soup comes back nicely.

I love the smell of onions when they're sauteing. It's like that fresh baked bread smell to me. I love it!

I have high hopes today in preparation of the pending snow tomorrow. Let’s see how far I get lol.

I want to make Seitan nuggets, banana bread, red lentil soup, 2-3 jars of overnight oats in case we lose power, and maybe do an overnight artisan bread. But if we lose power overnight, which we shouldn’t, I won’t be able to bake it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We do have a generator but we never used it before so I don’t know quite how it’s going to work. It’s not big enough to power everything. Priorities are refrigerator and some heat. And my phone. And maybe a tv. Lol.

I made cheezy mashed potatoes and air fried Brussels sprouts. Delicious! No “protein” though. 😱 I’ll probably drink half a shake before bed.

there are 2-4.5 grams of protein in each potato, depending on the type ... and 3 grams in each cup of brussel sprouts - both items are powerhouses of nutrients!!

we had Indian Tasty Bites on rice

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I bought flour tortillas and will saute Soy curls, onions mushrooms and peppers with FYH smoked gouda, for wraps.
I have frozen brussel sprouts--anyone roast them from frozen?
I’ve never had frozen I don’t think. 🤔 let me know how they come out if you end up roasting them.

I don’t know if I’ll ever see my soy curls… They were supposed to come Sunday but with the storm tomorrow I’m sure they will be delayed even further. I went to the health food store in Old Saybrook but they didn’t have them. I also double checked big Y… Not there either.

I’ve never had frozen I don’t think. 🤔 let me know how they come out if you end up roasting them.

I don’t know if I’ll ever see my soy curls… They were supposed to come Sunday but with the storm tomorrow I’m sure they will be delayed even further. I went to the health food store in Old Saybrook but they didn’t have them. I also double checked big Y… Not there either.
I've gotten them a few times and just thawed and sauteed them. I would think letting them thaw first would be fine to roast--but now that I'm thinking about it, why not just saute? :shrug:
Good luck on your soy curls! Did you get a tracking number?
We had a package coming USPS in the storm and got a message it would be at the post office for pick up. I went and was told it was on the delivery truck, but they never updated their info! It did come after all

I forgot to make the soy curls for my wrap :laughing:. I got them soaking, then forgot all about them when prepping veggies. I was thinking how it really needed something--:ignore: Oh well, now they're sprinkled with hot chili oil and spices!

I haven't found Butler soy curls at any store around me. There was a health store on the other side of town that had them, but I never went.
I should see if they're still there!

we each made our own noodley soups for dinners - I had the usual with gochujang/miso base, frozen brussel sprouts, thai style frozen veggies, noodles, soy curls, handfuls of spinach/argula, plus spices, mustard powder, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce and a drizzle of tahini

I can't tell you how satiating and comforting something like that is on a freezing cold winter night.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Making seitan steaks, it's resting now. I forgot to add the no beef Better than Boullion I usually add, but the soy milk blended with raw onion, vegan worceshire , mushroom powder and Gravy Master tasted so much like what I remember from steak, I think it's ok!
I have determined it's the soy milk that makes the texture so right for a steak