Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I had tvp years ago and didn’t like it. I think it’s time to try soy curls.

I recommend shopping around online before going out to buy them, if you buy the individual bags. On Amazon in Canada they are as high as 12.99 and locally I get them for $6.

They do have a "where you can buy" on their website.

We had spaghettini and Yves meatballs last night - put garlic, onions, olives, mushrooms in the sauce with the meatballs.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
Thanks…I was just about to hit “buy now” on Amazon lol. I have not ever seen them in any of my grocery stores and they have a pretty big section for vegan and gluten free specialty items. I tried stop n shop with my curbside pickup and big y this morning after church but they don’t carry them. I could hit up shop rite but I probably won’t. I don’t want to be running into multiple stores if I’m to be honest.

Amazon has three 8 oz bags for $19.37. 😐

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I could try Food Works in Old Saybrook. It’s the only location not too far from me. Thanks for that link. My cardiologist is there so I could make a stop at my next follow up. But I’ll probably order from Amazon because I have to have them NOW lol. If I like them I can coordinate future purchases at OS whenever I go there if the price difference is significant.

Thanks…I was just about to hit “buy now” on Amazon lol. I have not ever seen them in any of my grocery stores and they have a pretty big section for vegan and gluten free specialty items. I tried stop n shop with my curbside pickup and big y this morning after church but they don’t carry them. I could hit up shop rite but I probably won’t. I don’t want to be running into multiple stores if I’m to be honest.

I hate Countrylifefoods new website! I had ordered off their old site, but the new doesn't want to load!
I had gotten the 3 lb soy curls which they have in one big bag rather than the individual 8 oz bags, like they're portioned from the 12 lb bag. THat's nice because you get bigger curls, less crumbs.
I had also gotten a 5 lb bag of 75% gluten which just didn't work that well, in spite of saying 75%. Anthony is 75% and develops better strands, and I use less! :shrug:.

• Sad
Reactions: EllieW
I was able to get onto country life foods…definitely cheaper! If I end up liking them I’ll order the larger bag next time. Thanks!

I’m excited to try them…I hope I’m not disappointed! I saved a few videos on YouTube with some good recipes.

that's not a bad price

last night we had couscous with a peanut/hummus sauce

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
For tonight I'm making a red lentil and Beyond ground Sloppy Joe. I'm also using some finely diced crimini mushrooms. I've made this before. It's really very comforting and stupid simple to make. If I had time I would bake some fresh bread for this, but since I don't, and the bakery is close by, I will use fresh bakery buns. I always make extra as this lends very well to leftovers and a fast go-to meal.

For tonight I'm making a red lentil and Beyond ground Sloppy Joe. I'm also using some finely diced crimini mushrooms. I've made this before. It's really very comforting and stupid simple to make. If I had time I would bake some fresh bread for this, but since I don't, and the bakery is close by, I will use fresh bakery buns. I always make extra as this lends very well to leftovers and a fast go-to meal.

Sloppy Joe's make me think of Sunday School picnics with Orange Crush and glazed donuts... they sound amazing.

We had w/w penne with Italian Fieldroast Sausage, lots of garlic/onion/olives/finely chopped mushrooms and a bit of spaghetti sauce.

Emma JC

I think I am going to use the 2 leftover steaks and make a beef and barley stew in the crockpot. I will start working on it on my lunch break.

Edit- started on it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220125_184207845.jpg
    PXL_20220125_184207845.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I again made steamed potatoes, tofu, onions and carrots again, I put on salt, pepper, potato spices (oregano, etc.) and also then put on avocado and ketchup.

I am planning on cooking later some dense seitan I made into an Indian dish on rice and lentils with broccoli, tomato sauce, curry, liquid smoke and maggi sauce, because this time I made my seitan steamed and unflavoured, so I could decide later how to flavour it. It was good in a sandwich I ate yesterday.

I made a full pot of chili yesterday specifically so I could have the leftovers for dinner today, first off because I knew I'd be needing sleep today and wouldn't want to do a bunch of prep, and also because chili is one of the few foods that gets better after a day in the fridge.