Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Tonight I made gyros in pita, with yellow bell pepper, spinach, onion, tomato, and the seitan I made yesterday, which turned out really good because I used the vital wheat gluten method, simmered, flavoured with garlic powder, chili, dijon, maggi sauce, maple syrup, and pepper.

Our Aldi has been out of those Meatless balls for a long time! I miss them
Chili. I want cornbread, don't want to make it.
Oh, man, these were from my last trip to Aldi, which was well before Christmas, and I finished them up tonight. I hope they are available. I really love them.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I'm going to attempt making an old fashion quiche tonight using Just Egg. It will have a homemade crust and I will use some broccolini florets and some diced portabella mushrooms for the main ingredients, which I will lightly saute first with some onions. I want some caramelization on the veggies, which will add a nice flavour to my quiche. I'm going to top it with some cheese shreds. We shall see how it turns out. *fingers crossed*

Please let us know how it was. When I tried the supposedly new Burger King veggie burger, it seemed just like the old one, I suspected the BK franchise I went to might be just emptying their supply of their old veggie burgers. A&W is so much better.
I much prefer the McPlant. The chicken nuggets really tasted like meat!

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
I'm going to attempt making an old fashion quiche tonight using Just Egg. It will have a homemade crust and I will use some broccolini florets and some diced portabella mushrooms for the main ingredients, which I will lightly saute first with some onions. I want some caramelization on the veggies, which will add a nice flavour to my quiche. I'm going to top it with some cheese shreds. We shall see how it turns out. *fingers crossed*

and............ how was it?

We had rice with steamed broccoli and Gardein Tenders and a few spare Yves meatballs which were really nice done in the oven... first time I did them there and they were firmer than in the frying pan. Put some turmeric/pepper and whole chili peppers and garlic powder in the rice cooker with the rice and it was nice.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I'm going to roast acorn squash, potatoes, carrots and onions and have some with either a seitan sausage with mustard or some Gardein 7-grain tenders dipped in a Vegenaise-based mustard sauce.
I am having this again, with seitan sausage and mustard. I'd never roasted an onion before, and man, is it delicious!!

I'd never roasted an onion before, and man, is it delicious!!

I haven't met an onion I didn't like. You can bake em, boil, fry, saute, deep-fry, slow cook, batter and bake, batter and fry, and so on. I often do what they refer to as a sheet-pan dinner. It's basically just a bunch of veggies, mainly root veggies, tossed in a bit of oil, seasoned, then baked in the oven to perfection. I can't imagine this without onions. Mmm, and garlic of course. I just made this for dinner not long ago. I seasoned mine with just salt & pepper and fresh herbs. It was amazing!

I haven't met an onion I didn't like. You can bake em, boil, fry, saute, deep-fry, slow cook, batter and bake, batter and fry, and so on. I often do what they refer to as a sheet-pan dinner. It's basically just a bunch of veggies, mainly root veggies, tossed in a bit of oil, seasoned, then baked in the oven to perfection. I can't imagine this without onions. Mmm, and garlic of course. I just made this for dinner not long ago. I seasoned mine with just salt & pepper and fresh herbs. It was amazing!

Yes, this was definitely like a sheet pan dinner. I tossed mine in a little oil as well and seasoned the veggies with just a little salt and pepper. I will forever include onions in it now. They were so full of flavor with a just a the right amount of sweetness. I've eaten onions all kinds of ways, but never roasted. It's my new favorite way!

It was better than I anticipated. I never ate a lot of eggs before going vegan, but this was a pleasant surprise for sure.

I wonder how it will work for an egg salad?

I am not sure how you would make an egg salad with it - I prefer using chick peas for that and seasoning it the same as you would an egg salad, with dill, a pickle, green onion etc. I guess you could always make a bit of scrambled egg and throw it in, be sure to use the black salt (kala namak) though, when you use Just Egg, or the 'eggy' taste is absent.

Last night we had hot hamburger with a Sol Cuisine Spicy Black Bean burger, boiled potatoes, carrots/parsnips, mushroom gravy and popcorn for dessert.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: EllieW