Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm going to make Pahla B's egg roll in a bowl with vegan subs, of course, and have it with some jasmine rice.
What a great idea! I’m saving that recipe. Yesterday I picked up some veggie sushi. I was thinking how I would like to have sushi in a bowl, LOL. I hate seaweed… So I always end up unrolling the sushi rolls so I end up with a just a mess on my plate lol. But it’s still good. I may try it sometime. I just need to get some wasabi.

What a great idea! I’m saving that recipe. Yesterday I picked up some veggie sushi. I was thinking how I would like to have sushi in a bowl, LOL. I hate seaweed… So I always end up unrolling the sushi rolls so I end up with a just a mess on my plate lol. But it’s still good. I may try it sometime. I just need to get some wasabi.
Oh, man, I haven't had veggie sushi in a while. That's actually a cool idea to have the sushi in a bowl. And yes, wasabi is a must for that.

I actually like the seaweed, but I've never like the batter in egg rolls, so this recipe is great for my egg roll fix. I always would just scoop out the insides and leave the shell. :D It comes together really quickly. I just make the rice ahead of time, and I'm good to go. And the bagged cabbage mix takes the work out of having to chop everything.

I'm going to make Pahla B's egg roll in a bowl with vegan subs, of course, and have it with some jasmine rice.
Thanks for that recipe. It looks delicious. I also took the time to look up a deconstructed cabbage roll casserole that I've been thinking of for awhile so both recipes are now tucked into my virtual vegan cookbook! I love cabbage rolls but lack the fine motor skills to roll up the cabbage!

speaking of cabbage - I tried a recipe last night from The Happy Pear (in Ireland) and it turn out well - from their last youtube video it was called One Pan Charred Crispy Cabbage and Chickpea Stew - I only used a small can of coconut milk and supplemented with some oat milk, I also didn't have any leek so I used three green onions instead - the video is at the bottom of the recipe page

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

IMG_0830-1536x1536.jpg

kept it very simple - onion/jalapeno softened, added a can of refried beans and a tablespoon of salsa and some spices - had some fresh chopped onion and cherry tomatoes to put on top along with shredded cheez and olive - tortilla chips for scooping... so good

Emma JC

I'm going to make stuffed acorn squash. I roasted the squash last night, so I just have the filling to make. It's going to be seitan sausage, apples, wild rice, onion, celery and dried cranberries with spices (maybe sage and rosemary).

Last edited:
I made the Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls and it was delicious. Headed into the kitchen now to throw it into containers for the freezer. I had 2 servings. I'm stuffed instead of unstuffed. LOL
ETA: I ate this for supper and had 6 more meals for the freezer. Love meal prep!

Last edited:
black bean garlic sauce on veggies on 3 minute noodles - carrot, celery, onion, garlic, mushroom, chili peppers

dessert was Breyers peanut butter ice cream and it was the end of the carton and so I had more than usual and it was too much, I prefer a couple of tablespoons at a time and this was likely a cup or cup and a half, with some thawed cherries it was too sweet for me - so I had an apple cider vinegar shooter after

Emma JC

My dinner menu this evening is going to be:

Grilled cauliflower steak with a mess o' greens. For those of you that don't know "mess o' greens" just means kale and spinach sauteed up with some garlic and onions. However, I know there's a southern non-vegan dish called "mess of greens" with collard greens, but mine is just a spin off of that idea and completely vegan, obviously. It's also a lot faster than cooking collard greens using kale and spinach. This whole dinner will take less than 30 minutes to put together and cook.

I made potato pancakes last night instead of the cauliflower, since I couldn't find a head for a reasonable price. I draw the line at $4.99 per/head. I've seen them go for as much as $7.99 per/head. Anyhow, I had potato pancakes with a mess o' greens.

Tonight I am going to order out from my favorite Thai restaurant.