Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

No, I have had edamame and that's easy. What I mean is removing the skin from the mature soybeans. I see now on youtube there are different techniques such as the below. I had not realized more easily done raw than cooked. And also, much better for digestion skinned rather than cooked with the skin!
The heck?!
Not in a million years!
I cover beans in water and cook....the end
I have tried deskinning beans when I made soy milk for tofu, not worth it. I tried it for hummus, again not worth it

it was late, we were lazy, so I threw a pile of spaghettini in a pot and he put budder/garlic powder/mushrooms/nooch on his and I made myself a quick peanut butter/sesame/garlic powder/ginger powder/etc sauce and we horfed it down :rolleyes: oh yes and I put two fresh green onions chopped on top of mine...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
Gardein Chicken Lime Chipotle (it was supposed to be Fish but after the oven was heated discovered that I didn't have any)
Caesar Salad - hummus based dressing, lots of plain croutons
potatoes - boiled then put on malt vinegar, turmeric, nooch, salt/pepper

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: EllieW and Raven
I am thinking about making quinoa and tofu risotto with an onion, kale and miso, tonight

maybe I will also add cashews

The heck?!
Not in a million years!
I cover beans in water and cook....the end
I have tried deskinning beans when I made soy milk for tofu, not worth it. I tried it for hummus, again not worth it
Yeah, I never deskin beans anymore, but soy bean skins impacted my digestion so the last time I made them I tried deskinning them, and also decided never again (due to the time it took).

Last edited:
I might make pasta tonight. I bought some lentil pasta and I was going to mix half and half with my normal pasta.

I'm making a curry for lunch.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
tried the Forbidden Black Rice Ramen from Lotus foods last night and used a sauce from Jane Esselstyn's video a week or so ago that included walnuts, roasted sesame seeds etc - it was good but not filling enough, we should have added lots of veggies

Emma JC