Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Ready-made puff pastry covered with a mixture of tomato purée, olive oil, chilli flakes, garlic and salt and pepper, then layers of tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and basil leaves, topped with cashew and yeast flake 'parmesan'.

Served with mini baked potatoes and a mixed salad.

The weather here remains bright, hot and still, after a wash out of a summer up to now. All my summer recipes are coming out. It's been a lovely weekend.

Just made 2 Shepherd's Pies and they are delicious! One for camping, had one for supper. Beyond Beef, mushrooms, onions, peas and carrots, a gravy made with Veggie Broth and Bisto, then topped with mashed potatoes and baked for 1/2 hour.

So currently on a major budget and having to make things strech. Did pasta with a veggie broth sauce....I screwed up and didn't thicken it well so it was edible but not great. Left overs I added a jar of pasta sauce and it was ...okay. Today, last day of trying to make something of this damn left over pasta, I added a bit more tomato sauce, more seasoning, some flax seed, put it in a cast iron skillet, and topped with some seasoned breadcrumbs and put in the oven for awhile. Turned out pretty damn good.

So currently on a major budget and having to make things strech. Did pasta with a veggie broth sauce....I screwed up and didn't thicken it well so it was edible but not great. Left overs I added a jar of pasta sauce and it was ...okay. Today, last day of trying to make something of this damn left over pasta, I added a bit more tomato sauce, more seasoning, some flax seed, put it in a cast iron skillet, and topped with some seasoned breadcrumbs and put in the oven for awhile. Turned out pretty damn good.
It's great when an accident leads to something new.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Seitan nuggets with sweet chili sauce, rice and steamed spinach.

Reactions: EllieW
Jackfruit & potato hash with cabbage salad.

First time I've had jackfruit. I expected it to be a bit limp and 'courgetty' on cooking, but it's great. Very satisfying texture.

Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
wow everyone had amazing meals and I just did the old refried bean dip (sans zucchini) and ate it with tortilla chips and a piece of dark chocolate for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
A bean dip is exactly what I've been craving, but keep forgetting to make it :shrug:

I make stir fry veggies from Aldi Asian blend, and tofu, with crushed pineapple mixed with the teriyaki sauce packet, and fresh grated ginger. I bought LaChoy chow mein noodles for this! Such a staple when my kids were growing up
I found we still had the silken chocolate tofu pie in the fridge, so I had a piece of that. OMG it's the best of the best chocolate dessert I can think of! One of very few I can have a small slice :blush:
Lots of recipes,but this is my favorite
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/moo-less-chocolate-pie-recipe-1938390

• Love
Reactions: EllieW and Emma JC
rutabaga, white potatoes chopped and boiled, savoy cabbage steamed, Apple Sage Fieldroast sausages - put malt vinegar on my potatoes/rutabaga and sprinkled some nooch on top

Emma JC

Reactions: EllieW
a Beyond Burger without a bun, covered in onion and jalapeno, side of french fries, steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts

we have decided we will not buy Beyond Burgers again - maybe if we have a BBQ in the future but they were not great, we would rather have had Soy Curls with BBQ sauce on them

paying for the low fibre today.... grrrrr

Emma JC

Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
I made some spicy lentils earlier in the week. Today a sheet pan veggies with b sprouts, sweet potato onion, garlic and lots of spices. It is going to be a bowl with a tahini garlic creamy sauce.

I made some spicy lentils earlier in the week. Today a sheet pan veggies with b sprouts, sweet potato onion, garlic and lots of spices. It is going to be a bowl with a tahini garlic creamy sauce.
That sounds good! I forgot to get a sweet potato. I dislike them except in the Ethiopian inspired peanut stew I've been wanting

I made mac and cheese with the special vegan cheddar shreds Aldi has now. I made it like dairy mac and cheese, and have to say I think I prefer my usual nooch recipe. It was good, I also cooked two pounds of kale with garlic and the two paired nicely