Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night we made a lower fat version of the Mushroom Stroganoff that we made a couple of days ago - instead of cashews we just did all the same things and used a small amount of oil in the sauting garlic, onions and mushrooms (garlic is an addition too) - it turned out really well, not as creamy as with the cashews and this time we had it will spaghettini instead of gnocchi

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: EllieW
Leftovers! A new vegan place opened nearby and they deliver! I bought a cashew cheese pizza, three cheese pizza and a peanut butter cupcake. And I didn’t have to leave my house! Everything was delicious. I’m so excited! The cookie was a bonus as I did not order it. It was just ok. Tasted like the humidity got to it. It was soft and mushy but it was flavorful.

CC2A122E-62D0-4D48-90C8-FBAA0580DB73.jpeg

7275FE80-E845-4FD2-88A3-F16635452993.jpeg9CC200B4-C231-4897-AB06-BF79F5A5EC3E.jpeg

I made Sol Cuisine Chicken Tenders with Cherry dipping sauce, rice and peas with cumin in my Instant Pot, and a few tater tots. First time using my instant pot in years but I was considering a rice cooker and thought I'd try my IP first and it turned out very good. I had to reread the user manual though.
Hubby was the picture of confusion when I put the "chicken" fingers on my plate. He said, you don't eat chicken. I said I'm eating THAT chicken. I figured he'd say why, what's different about it but he didn't so I assumed he knew he was being a guinea pig again. A few minutes later he wailed, it doesn't even TASTE like chicken so I guess he hadn't figured it out yet. I told him I'd try the Gardein brand next time. He's resigned to it. I think. LOL

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
An air fried schnitzel, corn on the cob with lashings of spread & sea salt, avocado salsa with lime paste.
Apricots.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

• Love
Reactions: EllieW
The seitan chicken that’s gone viral on TikTok. It’s the most amazing quick and lazy seitan I've ever made/had. I’ve done it twice already.
Some people played with the original recipe so I did too. I blended tofu with the water and used chickpea flour instead of white flour. I can’t rave about this enough. I’m going to continue to make it and try different flavors/sauces.
Delicious seitan in 15 minutes. Unheard of. This person is a genius.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
The seitan chicken that’s gone viral on TikTok. It’s the most amazing quick and lazy seitan I've ever made/had. I’ve done it twice already.
Some people played with the original recipe so I did too. I blended tofu with the water and used chickpea flour instead of white flour. I can’t rave about this enough. I’m going to continue to make it and try different flavors/sauces.

🙄. I used to like the seitan appreciation group when it was focused on vwg. Washed flour took over, now this!
What's original? It's simply a basic seitan cooked right away--and completely taken over the site! I'm so done with it now.
The only thing 'genius' is that they put it on tick tok!

I made Sol Cuisine Chicken Tenders with Cherry dipping sauce, rice and peas with cumin in my Instant Pot, and a few tater tots. First time using my instant pot in years but I was considering a rice cooker and thought I'd try my IP first and it turned out very good. I had to reread the user manual though.
Hubby was the picture of confusion when I put the "chicken" fingers on my plate. He said, you don't eat chicken. I said I'm eating THAT chicken. I figured he'd say why, what's different about it but he didn't so I assumed he knew he was being a guinea pig again. A few minutes later he wailed, it doesn't even TASTE like chicken so I guess he hadn't figured it out yet. I told him I'd try the Gardein brand next time. He's resigned to it. I think. LOL
Gardein Chipotle Lime fingers are very good - just don't overcook them...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
🙄. I used to like the seitan appreciation group when it was focused on vwg. Washed flour took over, now this!
What's original? It's simply a basic seitan cooked right away--and completely taken over the site! I'm so done with it now.
The only thing 'genius' is that they put it on tick tok!
🤷🏻‍♀️ I love it! 😊
It’s the quickness of it I like. Maybe it’s not “original” but it’s new to me because I didn’t know seitan could be cooked this fast.

That sounds good too. Maybe I’ll try that next but I may still add the tofu/chickpea flour because I like how it changes the texture.

Do you fry it ?:)

Do you fry it ?:)
I coat the bottom of the pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Some people have used the air fryer with good results. That will be on my agenda at some point too. I’ll try it with only a few pieces in case I don’t like it.