Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

another 'different' meal last night - we felt like having mexican flavoured rice so we made that and then I soaked some soy curls and put them in a frying pan with some bbq sauce and then added have a can of black beans to it - chopped some romaine lettuce - made a simple pica with green onions, cherry tomatoes, olives - put the rice, then soy curls/beans, then salsa, then romaine, then pica, then some shredded cheez in a bowl and used tortilla chips as a fork.... it was strange and delicious

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou and Raven
another 'different' meal last night - we felt like having mexican flavoured rice so we made that and then I soaked some soy curls and put them in a frying pan with some bbq sauce and then added have a can of black beans to it - chopped some romaine lettuce - made a simple pica with green onions, cherry tomatoes, olives - put the rice, then soy curls/beans, then salsa, then romaine, then pica, then some shredded cheez in a bowl and used tortilla chips as a fork.... it was strange and delicious

Emma JC

Do you find that it's strange because you don't eat a lot of Mexican style dishes?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Aldi's chik'n burgers are the best.
They are! I hadn't had them in ages because I hadn't been to Aldi in quite some time.

Not sure what I want for tonight's dinner. I might take out some vegan brisket from the freezer and grill it. It's going to be a nice weather day for grilling.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Do you find that it's strange because you don't eat a lot of Mexican style dishes?

no, we love Mexican and eat lots of it - it was just strange eating a rice style meal with tortilla chips as the rice kept falling off the chips... lol

we kinda wanted nachos but really wanted the rice, so eating with the chips was the compromise

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
They are! I hadn't had them in ages because I hadn't been to Aldi in quite some time.

Not sure what I want for tonight's dinner. I might take out some vegan brisket from the freezer and grill it. It's going to be a nice weather day for grilling.

Your meals always seem so nice. I also find that Aldi's burgers are great quality for the price compared to other brands.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
WW macaroni with no-cheeze sauce, baked beans.
I made up 20 bananas frozen, for nice-cream. First flavor mango, then strawberry, then blueberry, 12.5 cups frozen in multiple containers in the freezer now. We usually have some with cocoa nibs, or with fruit sweetened granola, for a treat.

made HCHannah's corn chowder in the iPot last night - it was very good, made a few changes, added potatoes and used a small can of coconut milk instead of the normal size so added extra water - then because I put in the potatoes I did not immersion blend it at the end and that was good because it definitely made us chew each kernel of corn - oh yes and the frozen corn had jalapenos in it so that made it even tastier, sopped it up with whole wheat pitas

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou