Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I'm having a vegan burger in a bun with ketchup and mustard and a salad - lettuce, tomatoes and gherkins. I'm going to have some carrot sticks with that new vegan Korean mayo I like too. I love condiments! :D

Tonight I'm getting creative and making a veggie casserole. I'm using potatoes, fresh leeks, zucchini/courgette, yam, bell pepper, and a couple Serrano peppers for heat, onions, and smoked mushrooms (various). I smoked the mushrooms yesterday in my smoker. I'm using a combination of brown, Portabella, and king oyster mushrooms. I will bring it all together with a cheezy bechamel sauce. I'm using mainly fresh thyme for seasoning, along with some salt and pepper. I will top it with some vegan cheddar and some panko bread crumbs and bake it for about 40 mins, until golden on top.

I've never made anything quite like this, so I am looking forward to the end result.

Now I want pizza, too! I need to make crust first, though. I also need more seitan sausages. They are delicious on pizza. I took the last batch to my parents for their beach house. I like to have things there that I can eat when I visit. Plus, my pops loves the vegan sausages. :D

I think I will make tonight's pizza with pesto, tomato sauce, broccoli, black olives and onions. I have some Aldi mozzarella shreds I can use for the cheese.

Now I want pizza, too! I need to make crust first, though. I also need more seitan sausages. They are delicious on pizza. I took the last batch to my parents for their beach house. I like to have things there that I can eat when I visit. Plus, my pops loves the vegan sausages. :D

I think I will make tonight's pizza with pesto, tomato sauce, broccoli, black olives and onions. I have some Aldi mozzarella shreds I can use for the cheese.

Jill from the Whole Food Plant-Based Cooking Show made pepperoni for her pizza - I haven't tried it but it did look okay...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Tonight I'm getting creative and making a veggie casserole. I'm using potatoes, fresh leeks, zucchini/courgette, yam, bell pepper, and a couple Serrano peppers for heat, onions, and smoked mushrooms (various). I smoked the mushrooms yesterday in my smoker. I'm using a combination of brown, Portabella, and king oyster mushrooms. I will bring it all together with a cheezy bechamel sauce. I'm using mainly fresh thyme for seasoning, along with some salt and pepper. I will top it with some vegan cheddar and some panko bread crumbs and bake it for about 40 mins, until golden on top.

I've never made anything quite like this, so I am looking forward to the end result.

How was it?

Emma JC

A salad; diced cucumbers, peeled tomatoes, red roasted peppers, fennel/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.

Leftover revamped one pot ww macaroni bolognese with extra sauteed mushrooms, tpv and passata served with
a sprinkle of smoked paprika/yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.

Coconut milk yogurt/stevia.

I never got to make my pizza! I ended up having some unexpected freelance work (a very nice surprise), so I went with an Aldi chik'n patty sandwich with all the fixings and some grapes.

I may have to wait to make the pizza on Friday, when I'll have a little more free time.

Tonight, I think I will have a chickpea salad wrap with some tortilla chips and mashed avocado (I can't really call it guacamole because it doesn't have tomatoes).

last night was gnocchi, with Yves meatballs and kidney beans in spaghetti sauces, and sauted kale - I know, I know, it sounds strange to put kidney beans into the mix but they were leftovers and needed to be used and it actually added a nice bit of protein and substance and as they are the same shape as the gnocchi they were barely noticeable...

Emma JC

last night was gnocchi, with Yves meatballs and kidney beans in spaghetti sauces, and sauted kale - I know, I know, it sounds strange to put kidney beans into the mix but they were leftovers and needed to be used and it actually added a nice bit of protein and substance and as they are the same shape as the gnocchi they were barely noticeable...

Emma JC

Sauces and stuffing/nut roast taste delicious when made with beans.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC