Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made a very traditional lasagna last night using Beyond ground. I was telling my sister about it on the phone as it was baking, wishing she could smell the aromas permeating throughout my house. It was so wonderful. I also baked some fresh bread yesterday. I made some garlic butter using Miyokos butter, which tasted amazing.

For the lasagna I used a blend of cheezes, some Parmela, Miyokos, and some block 'Monterey' Daiya, which I shredded. I also made a bechamel sauce for the top layer just under the cheeze, which made it super creamy. I also put a healthy layer of garlic wilted spinach in it, but it somehow disappears. I mean, you see it, but the spinach taste is lost somehow. Luckily the garlic isn't :)

I never make just a little. I somehow don't know how to make small batches. Anyhow, nothing goes to waste. I will portion it and freeze the majority of it for later consumption, and eat some more tonight for my dinner.

YES! I was so happy when I made a lasagna much like that (no bechamel sauce, which sounds wonderful!). Lasagna was one of favorite specialties, and I never want it with all kinds of veggies!

I'm hoping the seitan brisket I'm making comes out good enough to eat, haha. I will grill it with lots of barbecue sauce. I think I will have it with fries and pickled beets.

ETA: It came out great! Wonderful flavor!

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
Sheet pan tacos ftw. I skipped the avocado and crema. My word, it is so good. I am going to use leftovers for taco salads.

Attachments

• PXL_20210430_230448623.jpg
    PXL_20210430_230448623.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
perogies, with tons of fried onions and jalapenos, and also Fieldroast Apple Sage sausage cut into pieces - sprinkled with nutritional yeast

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I went out to my friend's place and we had pink gin cocktails plus a few slices of courgette & tomato tart.
I'm having a oat/coffee ice lolly for dessert.

Hello my name is Teddy. I want to help beginners like myself come up with interesting vegan options to tackle daily healthy meals.
If you can help me comment below.

Hello my name is Teddy. I want to help beginners like myself come up with interesting vegan options to tackle daily healthy meals.
If you can help me comment below.

we are having fun using up food that I had stocked up on for the past year as I am still trying to stay away from the grocery store as long as possible - since our fresh food is getting low we pulled out two cans of plum tomatoes and made a great spaghetti sauce - we added some mushroom powder since the mushrooms are gone, added some fresh garlic and onions (1 left now) and lots of spices - made a package of spaghetti so there are some leftoevers and plopped 6 Yves meatballs in the sauce towards the end - it was all very good

Emma JC

I still had a bag of bits of soy curls in the freezer, so I made a soup with them, two bags of mixed veggies, some small pasta, no chik'n boullion, sage, rosemary, and thyme

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I don't think I've ever tried that.

we hadn't either until quite recently - I ordered it from Amazon and have been adding it to my oatmeal, to soups, will add to future chili's and, as you will read in my next post, also to rice - a great way to get the goodness from a few different types of mushrooms

Emma JC

used the tomato juice from the canned plum tomatoes the night before and put it into the rice cooker along with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne, mushroom powder and dry chives, oh, and rice and made a sort of Mexican rice - steamed a bunch of brussel sprouts and baked the Gardein Chipotle Lime strips for the top of the rice - it was all very satisfying - lemon and pepper on the brussel sprouts and sweet chili sauce on the strips

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
used the tomato juice from the canned plum tomatoes the night before and put it into the rice cooker along with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne, mushroom powder and dry chives, oh, and rice and made a sort of Mexican rice - steamed a bunch of brussel sprouts and baked the Gardein Chipotle Lime strips for the top of the rice - it was all very satisfying - lemon and pepper on the brussel sprouts and sweet chili sauce on the strips

Emma JC

They are my favourite.