Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

This evening we'll be having veggie balls (I improve the flavour by adding salt, black pepper, oregano, basil and garlic and coating them in a rich roasted onion sauce), brussels and some other green veg (I don't know yet, but I might buy a cauliflower) and pasta bows coated with butter and garlic and mixed with finely chopped red peppers.

Tomato soup with crusty baguette chunks. The soup was made from the following recipe except that I didn't have our blender so I used pureed tomatos and we lived with diced onions - in fact we agreed it was better as they added a little texture. It was delicious but next time, I am going to double the herbs and paprika for extra punch.

Vegan Tomato Soup (7 Ingredients Only!) | Healthy Nibbles

A pan fried burger (raw soya) with wilted spinach in evo plus a tossed gem/fennel salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Blueberries & raspberries with coconut milk yogurt/sevia
A glass of chardonnay

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
as I went grocery shopping I decided to use some fresh veggies and made couscous and added cucumber, chopped cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives, mixed greens chopped, and a can of rinsed chick peas - then I made a sauce/dressing to go on top from freshly roast garlic, hummus, caper juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and poured it over the couscous as well as some sriracha - it was delicious and satisfying and one cup of couscous made enough that we have some leftover for a lunch snack

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
as I went grocery shopping I decided to use some fresh veggies and made couscous and added cucumber, chopped cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives, mixed greens chopped, and a can of rinsed chick peas - then I made a sauce/dressing to go on top from freshly roast garlic, hummus, caper juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and poured it over the couscous as well as some sriracha - it was delicious and satisfying and one cup of couscous made enough that we have some leftover for a lunch snack

Emma JC
I have been craving a similar couscous dish, but yours sounds more delicious. :D I might have to steal a few of your suggestions. Mine usually just has chickpeas, red onion, raisins and arugula, but I like the idea of adding olives and cucumbers. I do a lemon vinaigrette for the dressing, but adding some sriracha sounds fabulous!

For tonight's dinner, I will be having seitan buffalo wings with a Vegenaise-based dressing, potato wedges and a beer.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Ahh, I wanted to get some fresh parsley for tabouleh and forgot! I've had a box of cous cous for a very long time 🙄
I think I'll just have corn on the cob tonight, with Veganaise and nooch and seasonings
So glad corn is back :lick:
Want watermelon--boy is it expensive now! I saw a seedless one for $10 :eek:

last we had a Gardein Chicken burrito each - normally we have two or at least one and a half each but last night we went with just half the package of Gardein strips, lots of sauted/spiced bell pepper and onions inside with a bit of cheez, and then a parsley pica for the top/side, chopped greens, salsa, a bit more cheez on top, and mexican spiced rice - it was just a satisfying as stuffing ourselves and now we can have another whole similar meal soon without feeling guilty... love the pica and greens as it is all so fresh

Emma JC