Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I made a very traditional lasagna last night using Beyond ground. I was telling my sister about it on the phone as it was baking, wishing she could smell the aromas permeating throughout my house. It was so wonderful. I also baked some fresh bread yesterday. I made some garlic butter using Miyokos butter, which tasted amazing.

For the lasagna I used a blend of cheezes, some Parmela, Miyokos, and some block 'Monterey' Daiya, which I shredded. I also made a bechamel sauce for the top layer just under the cheeze, which made it super creamy. I also put a healthy layer of garlic wilted spinach in it, but it somehow disappears. I mean, you see it, but the spinach taste is lost somehow. Luckily the garlic isn't :)

I never make just a little. I somehow don't know how to make small batches. Anyhow, nothing goes to waste. I will portion it and freeze the majority of it for later consumption, and eat some more tonight for my dinner.

Doner kebabs.
I'd be interested to know more. Did you make these yourself, and if so, what was the meat base? Do you have a recipe you used?

I've been working on my own recipe for what we call donairs here in Canada, which are pretty much the same thing as a doner, but not a kebab.

The name doner, donair, shawarma, gyro all pretty much mean the same thing. The name defines the place where they're from, and often the meats, seasonings, and toppings vary from region to region. My understanding is that a kebab is similar to a Greek Souvlaki, which is simply meat on a stick. I suspect you must have used seitan?

Reactions: Brian W
I'd be interested to know more. Did you make these yourself, and if so, what was the meat base? Do you have a recipe you used?

I've been working on my own recipe for what we call donairs here in Canada, which are pretty much the same thing as a doner, but not a kebab.

The name doner, donair, shawarma, gyro all pretty much mean the same thing. The name defines the place where they're from, and often the meats, seasonings, and toppings vary from region to region. My understanding is that a kebab is similar to a Greek Souvlaki, which is simply meat on a stick. I suspect you must have used seitan?

I usually think of kebabs as food on a stick but in England where I am from, we also refer to Doners as kebabs. I'm using a ready made kebab "meat" I was surprised that the same weight of actual kebab meat by the same company is actually more expensive than the vego version. That's nice going!

• Informative
Reactions: silva and Veganite
last night I made the vegan ricotta in pasta shells recipe that Edgy Veg has had on her channel - I did add some more spices to it like garlic and onion powder and also some frozen kale as I am out of fresh everything - also put tiny capers on top of each shell - had some garlic bread on the side... it was a lotta food and yet because the filling was tofu based it really wasn't a lot of calories or fats

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Pizza margarita made with semi wholewheat/linseed dough,Violife, plus lots of black Greek olives. I have a slice leftover for tomorrow's breakfast.
Sliced banans & strawberries with coconut milk yogurt/stevia
A glass of chardonnay

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15