Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

making colcannon tonight with side of a sausage each - so looking forward to it as it has been a while since I made it

here is a link to my post about it, the first time I made it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
making colcannon tonight with side of a sausage each - so looking forward to it as it has been a while since I made it

here is a link to my post about it, the first time I made it

Emma JC

It was delicious, once again, and I even have leftovers so will make some "pancakey" thing with them. I used regular cabbage this time, instead of savoy, and it was great and because some of the ribs of the cabbage are thicker it gave you the occasional crunch, which was nice. I also have larger capers now and having them spread on top was so good. I also had some frozen gravy packages from some Gardein turkey rolls that I heated up and put on top, that was very nice too. The Field Roast apple/sage sausage w/mustard goes very well with it.

Some parnips were hanging out in my fridge and teetering on the edge of going bad so I also threw them in with the potatoes, when I boiled them.

I highly recommend this meal as comforting in cool weather, easy to make and highly satiating. Do remember to cut your cabbage at least an hour before cooking so that the sulphoraphane has time to form.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
last night we had a huge bowl of the Bean Tomato Veggie soup that we made - lots of veggies and spices and the one item that adds a huge amount of flavour is a heaping spoon of the gochujang (korean chili paste) - also a side of bread for dipping

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Spaghetti with olive oil and black olives and a little bit of nooch flakes sprinkled on top. And a glass of red wine.
A drizzle of balsamic vinegar also pairs well with evo/spaghetti and olives. Moreover, a glass of red wine is just the most
perfect drink with pasta and olives. :up:

I love olives and often have them as a snack.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
A drizzle of balsamic vinegar also pairs well with evo/spaghetti and olives. Moreover, a glass of red wine is just the most
perfect drink with pasta and olives. :up:

I love olives and often have them as a snack.
Oooo, I will have to try the vinegar next time. That's a great idea. I completely agree about the red wine. I absolutely love it with pasta and olives...with pasta and just about anything, haha. It's great with pesto, too. Olives are such a fantastic food. I had a small bunch with my Thanksgiving meal today, some kalamata and green olives.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I made scalloped potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, garlicky green beans, and pecan sandies cookies!
There's lots of stuffing, and will accompany other Thanksgiving-y type foods that didn't make todays table-like Aldi vegan turkey, corn pudding, more cranberry sauce, and other veggies!

it was pesto gnocchi night, last night - sauted some onions and garlic too, added Yves meatballs in with them and once cooked added some sweet chili sauce to finishing cooking - put a bed of arugula/roquette in the bowl, then the gnocchi and then the meatball/onion/garlic mix, sprinked with chili peppers and nutritional yeast........ not American but was thankful for the meal

Emma JC

Chorizo with some kind of sticky glaze (It's an experiment - I don't know how it will turn out) Salad and crispbread. Julmust and maybe some homemade glögg later.
I have had glögg before, but never Julmust. I had to look that one up. It sounds tasty!

I will be having Thanksgiving leftovers: nut roast with gravy, mashed potatoes, turnips, broccoli (vegan) cheese casserole and cranberry sauce. Also, a dinner roll. I found a yeastless recipe that turned out well because it had rosemary and sage in it.

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC