Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I have a problem with spaghetti. I can never seem to measure it right. I don't want to cook too little. and if I cook just a little too much - then what do I do with it? I even bought a little spaghetti measurer - but it is hard to use. So mostly I buy penne or macaroni - then I can use a measuring cup.

@Lou there is no such thing as "too much pasta" !!! :lick: you can have it for dessert, you can have it for a midnight snack, you can put it on pizza, you can eat it for breakfast/lunch....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
last night I made a whole bunch of couscous and we sauted up garlic, green onions, bell peppers, olives and added the couscous to it and had Apple Sage Field Roast sausage on the side - yummmmmy

Emma JC

@Lou there is no such thing as "too much pasta" !!! :lick: you can have it for dessert, you can have it for a midnight snack, you can put it on pizza, you can eat it for breakfast/lunch....

Emma JC
I said, "a little too much".
When you can't eat anymore but it isn't enough for a lunch.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
We had spaghetti bolognese and for supper we have been munching on peanuts and knäckebröd with rhubarb and strawberry jam.

Emma JC
I love to overeat pasta--well, spaghetti that is.
I made spaghetti with marinara with FYH parm on top--that's it. I was really hungry when I got home and ate right away - only one serving size and I was full! ;)
I used to eat pasta like a drug--best sleep ever! Now it's bed time and I'm wide awake! o_O.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
last night was pizza night - simple whole grain flatbread, spread some sauce, sprinkle lots of garlic powder, add ripped spinach/arugula, minced mushroom, chopped onion, green olives, pineapple, one Chipotle Field Roast sausage sliced thinly, shredded cheez

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven
Friday night is now officially Beyond Burger night - it was very good, once again and I cheated this time and picked up frozen McCain wedges - it is unlikely I will do that again as the oil in/on them was crazy. Making my own is much less expensive and much healthier!

Tonight I am making a huge amount of "scoobi doo" pasta with Gardein meatballs (in the pasta I am putting carrots, garlic, onion, zucchini, arugula etc) as my brother and his son are driving from my hometown to my town and will arrive tonight. They are helping some refugees, who moved there and are now moving here, move their few belongings. It is a very long drive (9 hours) pulling a trailer etc. As we can't host anyone they are staying at a nearby motel tonight before moving them into their apartment tomorrow. I offered to make them dinner so they didn't have to eat fast food. They are not vegan but are getting a vegan dinner. I am sending some nutritional yeast as a substitute for parmesan. Will take it to their motel and at least have a few minutes of an outside visit with them as I haven't seen anyone in my family since June of 2019.

We will eat our share of the pasta when we get back home.

Emma JC