Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a conventional breakfast food person. I like oatmeal, farina, toast, bagels, pancakes...the list goes on and on, lol. But I also love pizza, soup and Tofurky sandwiches. Tofu scramble goes nicely with pizza. I don’t know what breakfast will be today. It’s way too early to decide.

Oh this reminds me I used to love cake and donuts for breakfast, especially strawberry shortcake when I used to make it with real whipped cream. Goes nicely with tea. I don’t do that anymore, one, because I won’t eat real whipped cream, and two, it’s super unhealthy and I do enough unhealthy eating throughout the day. I don’t need to start my day off with junk food. :)

Home made hash browns, tofu scramble and fresh tomato, spiced with a "Mexican BBQ" powder and salt. I also polished off some home made spring rolls (whole wheat dough filled with carrot, sprouted lentils, potato, salt, raw sugar, sage, rosemary).

I wanted to switch to having protein and fat for breakfast as I read a well known psychologist say that was the healthiest start to the day after sleeping.

I've been having a smoothie with peanut butter, banana and plant milk the past couple of days. I might chuck some hemp seeds and berries in there tomorrow.

I think it is more filling than having toast or cereal, it must be the PB.

Today's breakfast started with coffee, oat milk and raw sugar..

which was followed by tofu scramble, whole wheat bread with yeast spread, a salad consisting of lettuce, tomatoes, pepitas, broccoli and pickle juice, and a generous serving of tater tots.

I had crappy oatmeal made from Aldi canister oats. :down:. There are just a handful of foods I have a thing about needing organic, and oats are one. Not only am I thinking about consuming glycosophate (whatever), but they cook like quick oats.
I wish I had more oat groats, but I'm not going to Whole Foods :hmm:

Even though I drink coffee from a large mug, I never say "mug of coffee", just cup of coffee. Just realized that from PTree

Porridge oats, organic soya milk, with grape nuts, cinnamon and pear. Mixed with defrosted cherries, soya yogurt and a tablespoon of ground nuts and seeds, plus multi-vitamin. And tea! Got to have tea (with soya milk). Really filling and satisfying on a frosty morning.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.