April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we went out for a walk for around 70 minutes, exploring our town. Discovered more than we have in the 18 months we've lived here 🙈 from now on, every time we go for a walk we're going to go a different way & see where it takes us.

Did PE with Joe again this morning & we'll be off on another walk again later
That’s great, hungryracoon! I take it everyone is feeling better now?

I have started going out for walks the past two days. I walked up and down an avenue near me as it has wide pavements and I can more easily avoid people. I did it in 40 minutes yesterday and I did it in 36 minutes today. My phone said it should have taken 52 minutes.

I'm going to do this same walk as I listen to podcasts so I don't mind walking the same way over and over. I know I have to do it in 40 minutes or I'm walking too slowly! :)

I am walking regularly and it feels good. It’s not enough but I’m getting in the two miles. When I was working, I could hit 10,000 steps easily with my daily walk, but now, I’m barely making 6-7000 steps with the walk which is why it’s so important for me to keep it up. Maybe at some point I can extend it past 2 miles, or better yet, do 2 in the the morning and 2 late afternoon before I crash.

I meant to switch on Google Fit. I will try and remember that tomorrow!

I am walking regularly and it feels good. It’s not enough but I’m getting in the two miles. When I was working, I could hit 10,000 steps easily with my daily walk, but now, I’m barely making 6-7000 steps with the walk which is why it’s so important for me to keep it up. Maybe at some point I can extend it past 2 miles, or better yet, do 2 in the the morning and 2 late afternoon before I crash.

Are you allowed to go as many times as you like in one day over there? We are supposed to only take one hour of exercise a day and then only go out to get food or medicine etc... if we have to.

I meant to switch on Google Fit. I will try and remember that tomorrow!

Are you allowed to go as many times as you like in one day over there? We are supposed to only take one hour of exercise a day and then only go out to get food or medicine etc... if we have to.
I have not heard about any restrictions of that sort. I hope they don’t decide that!

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I did 50 minutes of walking...well, minus a few for stopping to take pictures, haha. I probably went 2 1/2 miles or so. It was gorgeous weather today, so I had to get out. Hope to do it again tomorrow.
Can we see the pictures, please??😊😏

Today makes 100 days in a row of riding at least 5mi....started with a ride-everyday-in-January challenge but my legs are holding out just fine. Wonder how long I can keep the streak going...it'd be cool to ride every day this year!

Me:

- Drinking less
- Daily outdoor walks (this was normal for me, in fact my walks are actually reduced, but I have kept them up as recreation, just AWAY from town)
- Daily meditations
- Picking up yoga, Qigong, and Tai Chi videos - I am pretty serious about doing Qigong to make up for missed walks and hikes

Health, schmealth.

Seriously, I walk, and stress, and think about the worst case scenarios and vow to meditate and bliss out, but bite my nails, and think I have this under control, but then get a phone call with worrisome news...

I miss my daughter and my granddaughters and my dog.

This is hard.

I have been enjoying my daily walks as it is such lovely weather here! I went out yesterday and the wind blew lots of blossom from a tree onto me, like snow flakes.:rose:

I have ordered some exercise type clothes to wear when I go out as that is the only outdoor activity I do now, some black crop leggings and vest tops.

I miss my daughter and my granddaughters and my dog.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.