Maggie123

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello,

I am a vegan newbie and I have just started on Monday. If anyone has valuable advice to keep them motivated to eat their veggies please let me know by contacting me on snap chat: here_magkally

Thank you so much,
Maggie

Hi Maggie. What kind of meals do you normally eat? We probably have suggestions to make those meals vegan.

Reactions: Nil
Hi all,

I have bought several vegan cookbooks and I'm working on transitioning. I started with vegan coffee creamer and I start my day with a vegan breakfast. So far, that's as far as I've gotten. I just picked up THe 30-Day Vegan Challenge by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau which may help those who are transitioning. I also have Recipes for Happiness by Stephen and david Flynn, Plant Strong by Rip and Jane Esselstyn, and Unprocessed as well as The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss by Chef AJ. I bought The Secrets for Ultimate Weight Loss for the recipes in it. I say focus on the meals you ahve often and try to think of ways to veganize or google vegan recipes for them, for example: mac and cheese, lasagna, meatloaf, pasta, etc. I hope I've helped somewhat. I am completely new to this journey as well.

My advice on how to go vegan:

Step 1: Choose a vegan protein source. Good sources of protein include nuts/seeds, lentils, beans, tofu and peas.
Step 2: Substitute your vegan protein source for meat in your cooking.
Step 3: Drink soymilk instead of dairy milk and substitute linseeds for eggs in your cooking(1 egg = 1 tbsp ground linseeds + 1 tbsp water)

Make sure you take a vitamin B12 supplement.

Last edited:
Hi Maggie! Congrats on starting your journey. One of the most important supplements you'll need is B-12. It's an essential nutrient that prevents nerve damage. I run a blog, click here for 10 easy tips to transition to a vegan diet.
I also have a mini-series on YouTube called Veganize It! Recreating A Cultural Dish. Click here for the first episode. I hope this helps!

Hello Maggie, Welcome Onboard!

I became vegan in 2016. I love being vegan and have never been happier with my health and my body. I also love knowing that I don’t contribute to animal cruelty. I’ve found that since going vegan I actually eat a wider and healthier variety of food than I did while vegetarian. I am now more willing to try new foods and have found so many that I love.