What did you cook or Bake today? (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pale coloured seitan, that is not too spicy or seasoned. I really dislike calling vegan food chik'n, beef less etc.
Then my seitan is white too!:D (It's "spinach" seitan "bologna" which is waiting for its turn in the fridge).:p

Pale coloured seitan, that is not too spicy or seasoned. I really dislike calling vegan food chik'n, beef less etc.
We sure do need better names for foods! My seitan was also pale with tofu, and miso, sage, thyme, rosemary, and garlic as the seasonings. I mean one jar was labeled 'poultry seasoning'.

Reactions: Katrina
We sure do need better names for foods! My seitan was also pale with tofu, and miso, sage, thyme, rosemary, and garlic as the seasonings. I mean one jar was labeled 'poultry seasoning'.

That doesn't appeal to me. Why not use other more appetising names ?

That doesn't appeal to me. Why not use other more appetising names ?
The only reason we call plant foods by animal or animal product names isn't because our flavors mimic meat, but because they mimic the seasonings the meat names go by. You take the sage rosemary parsley...out of chicken broth you have nasty chicken water. I've never tasted a vegan version of boiled chicken water!

The more I think about it the more I like 'white seitan' and 'red seitan'. At least we can keep mushroom seitan!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I've made sauteed red cabbage in teriyaki sauce.
Now making pickled yuba and pickling cucumbers (they will be spicy:p).
...And i'm up to making my first raw cake tomorrow (with psyllium, of course, because i'm lazy).:D ...Das ist großartig, unglaublich und fantastisch.:rofl:

Reactions: Katrina and PTree15
Yay! My new super black veggie-pea soup (weird, as usual) is ready and it tastes good.:leer: It's very simple: 400g split pea flakes (but they expanded very much, of course), 700g green beans, pack of raw shredded cabbage, 2 cans of corn, tons of cayenne salsa, sumac, yeast seasoning, and other seasonings, including curcumin. The key ingredient is decent amount of black cumin flour, + much flaxseed flour.:D

Reactions: Katrina and PTree15
I made some black eyed peas today. I picked up a bag at Sainsbury's as I have never tasted them before.
I'm planning to make some kind of chilli in the slow cooker ,with butternut squash for tomorrow's dinner.
I still have some Woolten pie for tonight.

They were surprisingly very quick to cook and do taste delicious. ;)

Making Vegan Black-Eyed Peas Is an Art With This Recipe

Reactions: Brian W and Val
Nice !!! What do you serve them with ?
Thank you. You serve them with applesauce. I was going to make vegan sausages as well, but I ran out of time. :D It was all good, though. My friend and I had snacks beforehand and then munched on the latkes. We ate the whole platter. They were made with two large potatoes and two small ones. We were stuffed afterward. :D

Reactions: Katrina and Val
I made some black eyed peas today. I picked up a bag at Sainsbury's as I have never tasted them before.
I'm planning to make some kind of chilli in the slow cooker ,with butternut squash for tomorrow's dinner.
I still have some Woolten pie for tonight.

They were surprisingly very quick to cook and do taste delicious. ;)

Making Vegan Black-Eyed Peas Is an Art With This Recipe

Aldi currently has dry black eyed peas. I'm not sure I've had them before. I think I'll try this recipe. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.