What Did You Cook or Bake today?

That peanut butter filling :lick: . Bet that would great piped into cupcakes. I used an old bread bag to pipe it--wasn't a great idea
What's the point of heating the milk and cocoa to boiling though? That was the fussiest part of the recipe
Yes, that filling would be great in cupcakes. I'm not sure why the recipe calls for boiling the milk and cocoa. Maybe the cocoa powder blends in better when it's heated to boiling?

That cake may not be pretty, but it's delicious! Should stop starting things so late.
I want to use that peanut butter filling in an apple cake

Making spicy seitan sausages

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
That cake may not be pretty, but it's delicious! Should stop starting things so late.
I want to use that peanut butter filling in an apple cake

Making spicy seitan sausages
I still have two slices of the cake in my freezer. One is for a friend, but the other one is mine, hehe. I was thinking I could make just the chocolate cake with that recipe because the flavor is so good.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I went to the senior connection monthly cooking class today. They made cheesy pasta and peas with prosciutto. I left out the prosciutto and for the cheese I used a blend of grated violife parmesan, FYH feta crumbles and nutritional yeast. It came out so good that I had to stop at the store and buy a bag of frozen peas so I can make it again lol.

I went to the senior connection monthly cooking class today. They made cheesy pasta and peas with prosciutto. I left out the prosciutto and for the cheese I used a blend of grated violife parmesan, FYH feta crumbles and nutritional yeast. It came out so good that I had to stop at the store and buy a bag of frozen peas so I can make it again lol.
I can't remember the last time I used peas! I used to make pasta with blended seasoned tofu and peas, then add lots of black salt and imitation bacon bits at serving. Or seitan ham, but I haven't made that in a long time either. I should this weekend as it's like a spring dish

I'm on a roll...I made spring roll filling. Cabbage slaw, tofu, edamame, Bragg's amino acids. I have vegan wrappers that I may try in the air fryer. Otherwise I can eat the filling as is. Only three points for a serving of the filling. An additional two points if I use the wrapper. It will be nice if it works well in the air fryer.

View attachment 30343
I made a second batch and had it with rice. It's so amazing. 🤩

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I made a second batch and had it with rice. It's so amazing. 🤩
I've gotta make that. I've always gotten the shelled edamame frozen at Trader Joes, but they've been out of it for a while. Now I get the ones in shells and eat them by themselves. I could probably just leave them out, use peas instead

I've gotta make that. I've always gotten the shelled edamame frozen at Trader Joes, but they've been out of it for a while. Now I get the ones in shells and eat them by themselves. I could probably just leave them out, use peas instead
I couldn't find shelled edamame so I've been using the ones in the shell and I just remove the beans myself. They are good to snack on, too.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Another batch of Miyokos Better Buffalo cheese--which to me is nothing like mozzerella, but more a firmer cream cheese.

and crumpets--i hope! Seems the yeast didn't bubble, but since it's a small recipe I went ahead with it, and it's kinda getting bubbles now in the rising stage.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W