What did you cook or Bake today? (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. You serve them with applesauce. I was going to make vegan sausages as well, but I ran out of time. :D It was all good, though. My friend and I had snacks beforehand and then munched on the latkes. We ate the whole platter. They were made with two large potatoes and two small ones. We were stuffed afterward. :D
That's a Ukrainian thing, right? I remember having something like that a long time ago.

That's a Ukrainian thing, right? I remember having something like that a long time ago.
I don't know what kind of thing it is, but potato pancakes have always been with applesauce! I make mine with flour, a pinch of baking powder, and a flaxegg so they're thick

Last night I made a batch of cranberry sauce and a bunch of chocolate cake pops that look like snowmen.

Right now I'm making roasted butternut squash with apples. When it cools down, I'll mash it all up and add maple syrup, some ginger, and maybe some cinnamon or nutmeg. That's for tomorrow night.

Hopefully I can get some other stuff cooked or at least prepped today.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I have made apple pie plus filling for two more pies that I put in the freezer. I also made garlic mashed potatoes and steamed carrots for part of my Christmas dinner. We are going to my brother's and they never make anything vegan, lol, not even the veggies, as they slather them in butter, so I make my dinner in advance and then heat it up. :D I wouldn't like vegetables with butter, vegan or otherwise, anyway.

Reactions: Val

The recipe originates from Eastern Europe. I remember having them when I was a child and they were always served with sour cream. Over here, they usually are served with smoked salmon ( for the omnis) plus crème fraîche.

I like the idea of having Lincolnshire style seitan sausages with potato pancakes and sour cream.

Reactions: Val
The recipe originates from Eastern Europe. I remember having them when I was a child and they were always served with sour cream. Over here, they usually are served with smoked salmon ( for the omnis) plus crème fraîche.

I like the idea of having Lincolnshire style seitan sausages with potato pancakes and sour cream.
Aha, for us they are just "kartofel'nyje oladushki", lol.:D

I'm making a mini nut roast. I will be serving it spread on toasted sourdough, ww toast with a tiny bit of cranberry compote and a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt.
I also have some red organic wine to go with the toasted canapés. They should pair well.

MOD POST : I HAVE STARTED A NEW ONE FOR 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.