Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I air fried tofu with yellow bell pepper and red onion and had it with a peanut chilli sauce. I put some miso in there too. I had a Kombucha as well. I'm going to have a few beers later tonight.

It is quite early so I will probably have some snacks too.

The day before yesterday I was invited for dinner by a vegetarian friend. We had rice, dahl (stewed lentils) and cooked vegetables (potatoes, okra, broccoli). For dessert, we had halva (middle-eastern dessert), mixed with some tahini and dates. All nice

Yesterday, I had a 'hearty salad' (besides the leafy greens, it had tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, fava beans, chickpeas and some millet)- with an ' experimental' dressing: peanut butter, dijon mustard, whole blended lemons, tahini, apple cider and nutritional yeast. It was delicious (photo below).

For dessert: banana mixed with nuts, dried fruits, cinnamon, dried coconut flakes and peanut butter. Very nice
1710130083590.jpeg

Saturday night we had another delicious pasta dish with roasted garlic, mushrooms, olives etc.
Sunday night we used some of the mixed bean sprouts that we were growing and put them in with some couscous (chickpeas, onion, cherry tomato, olives, parsley, kale)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I ordered a vegan pizza. I am not in the mood to cook or clean.

Marinara base, Vegan Mozzarella, Spinach, Mushroom, Red Onion, Roasted Red Pepper, Black Olives, Artichoke and I added beyond beef.

Yesterday I had another large 'hearty salad' - besides the greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado - it had two new additions: green olives (stuffed with red peppers) and quinoa (which I cooked with green peas, corn, sundried tomatoes; I also added ready-to-eat fava beans and chickpeas to the quinoa mix).

The salad dressing was made of peanut butter, dijon mustard, whole blended lemons, tahini and yeast flakes (I forgot to add the apple cider vinegar this time). It was delicious. The principle of 'salad as the main dish' does work very well for me : -), at least some days of the week :- )

For dessert: I had a couple of very nice plums, and a few dates with tahini.

It was all very nice.

Reactions: Emma JC
Leftovers:Mole style bean & sweet potato chili with brown rice, a dollop of Tofutti and a sprinkle of Tajin. If I had made
it with black turtles beans, it would have been perfect.

Apple puree with Alpro plain soya yogurt/sweetener.

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC