Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

That sounds really good!
It is! It's one of my favorite things to make out of zucchini. And I love making them in the summer with fresh zucchini. This batch was made with zucchini I had shredded and stuck in the freezer, but it's still really good. And my whole family loves the cakes. My mother often requests them.

Spicy soy curls sauteed with onions and celery
I hadn't had them in so long and I so love them!
Considering getting that 12 lb box and stashing in the garage. Such a great buy, I did that year before last

I am thinking of doing the same, as it is winter and they can be stored outside on my balcony in a tub.

@KLS52 they are similar in function, not visually - much more life a strip of meat and very tasty depending on what you let them soak up and what you fry/saute them in...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

tumbling.png

Are soy curls the same as tvp?
Not at all!
TVP is a by product of soy oil production, and uses hexane. I haven't tried them in some time, but I know the texture is quite different
Soy curls are a whole plant food--they're only extruded cooked soy beans. Must be quite the copyright on that process, because they isn't anything like them!
I rehydrate in water, then rinse well, and press as dry as possible. Usually mix seasoning and a bit of oil to toss well, and saute with whatever. Or bake.
Some people say rehydrate in broth but that tastes nasty to me
After rehydrating you can use the same way as cooked chicken strips . I use in many casseroles
dang. I'm talking myself into buying them!
Its that a 12 lbs box is a super deal and any lesser amount is pricey!

I'm trying another seitan steak. I rarely do this method so hoping it turns out good. Will have with zucchini and maybe a sweet potato.
I bought another bag of sweet potatoes- why do I torture myself :rofl:.

Still thinking about that big soy curl purchase! Even considering going on the local buy sell site to see if I could sell some individual bags. Always feel funny about doing that with food. I don't personally know anyone

Making some black bean/tofu chili again, but this time chucking some roasted-to-blackened-tips veggies in with it, so to anyone from Texas or the deep south: sorry not sorry.
How do you integrate your tofu into your chili, please? (cubed hard tofu, crumbled, blended, mixed in soft tofu, etc.?)

I always put tempeh in tomato sauce recipes because I don't like cubed tofu in tomato sauce, but I think blended soft tofu is good in tomato sauce.