Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

on Tuesday I spent the whole afternoon making a lasagna and it wasn't a traditional cheese filled one

my layers were:

• brown lentils cooked/sauted garlic onion spices and then mixed in the lentils for my "smeat" layers
  • tofu ricotta
  • cooked butternut squash/turnip/parnsip/sweet potato then mashed and added maple syrup, fennel seeds, italian seasoning, garlic powder
  • sliced mushrooms
  • sliced 4 zucchinis thinly and baked in the oven with salt/pepper and when they were done I added some red wine vinegar
  • spaghetti sauce

a whole package of regular lasagna noodles boiled and ran cold water over them

nutritional yeast and chili flakes on top after

I ended up making 2 different casserole dishes of lasagna, one a deeper one and one a regular 9 x 13.

So far that was dinner on Tuesday night and then brunch on Wednesday while watching the inauguration all day with popcorn for dinner last night.

It's a lot work and why I do it rarely but it was delicious in a totally different way than a cheese filled one and you can eat as much as you like without feeling stuffed or that you have just gained 10 pounds. Next time I would use more sauce as that was the only thing missing.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
Boiled carrots, potatoes & cauliflower plus a some frankfurters with a drizzle of evo/yeast flakes and a sprinkle of smoked
Cornish sea salt plus some grainy Dijon mustard
A chocolat almond milk pudding
A glass of chardonnay

Reactions: Emma JC
last night was rice (spiced with masala spices/garlic powder) in the rice cooker - tons of baby brussel sprouts and Gardein Chipotle Lime chicken

Emma JC

wraps last night, with a new brand of chorizo style sausage, sliced, with bell peppers & onions, green onions, cherry tomatoes, green olives, salsa and chopped arugula on top and a bit of cheez shreds inside and on top yummy

Emma JC

Leftover root vegetable & soya chunk goulash with buckwheat plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes and a
drizzle of evo.
Raspberries & coconut milk yogurt/stevia
A glass of chardonnay plus a few walnuts

Triple pepper beef skillet. Onion, garlic, some chipotle in sauce that was frozen, red pepper, a jalapeno, vegan beef crumbles, stewed tomatoes, black bean, corn and lots of spices. I made that last night, leftovers. Yum.

• Love
tried a different pasta dish that we saw on youtube - lots of mushrooms sauted/brown in some butter, added green onions and garlic (preroasted), then heaping tablespoon of miso - par cooked the spaghettini and then added some of the pasta water to the mushroom mix and then added in the pasta and let it finish cooking in the pan while soaking up the miso/water

it was good yet not great - maybe could have added more water to it as it was a bit dry and sticky

garlic bread on the side made from the preroasted garlic

Emma JC

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Making well seasoned pintos and either Spanish rice, or cornbread. I'm leaning towards cornbread
Wish I had some greens besides spinach- need to stop at market tomorrow for some kale

I'm about to make some beautiful fresh oyster mushrooms into steaks, with a homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It might not be exactly like the original YouTube recipe, including the JD, but they are always delicious, nonetheless. It's pretty tough to screw up oyster mushrooms, imho. Just don't burn them!

So to go with it I have some coleslaw I made yesterday, and I will roast some organic skin-on potatoes (red) to complete the meal. This really reminds me of a nice barbecue. Coleslaw and potato salad is awesome with this, but roasted will be yummy too.

I'm about to make some beautiful fresh oyster mushrooms into steaks, with a homemade Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. It might not be exactly like the original YouTube recipe, including the JD, but they are always delicious, nonetheless. It's pretty tough to screw up oyster mushrooms, imho. Just don't burn them!

So to go with it I have some coleslaw I made yesterday, and I will roast some organic skin-on potatoes (red) to complete the meal. This really reminds me of a nice barbecue. Coleslaw and potato salad is awesome with this, but roasted will be yummy too.

Could you please explain how you make your oyster mushroom steaks?