Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night was nacho night - 1/3 package of Gardein ground with 1/2 can black beans, onions, jalapeno's all heated up together - then added olives, cheeze shreds, salsa etc - in the oven and then topped with some lettuce

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Val and Raven
last night was nacho night - 1/3 package of Gardein ground with 1/2 can black beans, onions, jalapeno's all heated up together - then added olives, cheeze shreds, salsa etc - in the oven and then topped with some lettuce

Emma JC

Yum!

Reactions: Emma JC
A veggie dog (I got my new grill that I received as a housewarming gift up and running!) topped with mustard and onions; roasted Brussels sprouts; mashed potatoes.

last night was 2 Tasty Bites Indian ready-to-eat meals to which I added more leftover potatoes/sweet potatoes/black beans and green peas on rice and with brussel sprouts on top of it all - I am so happy that I loaded up with these in February as the store that sells them is not one that I go to regularly

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Raven and Val
A salad with 1/2 pan fried raw veggie burger; grated red cabbage, roast red peppers, diced peeled tomatoes, raw mushrooms, avocados with vinaigrette and a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

I'm having vegan sausages with two small jacket potatoes and a roasted green bell pepper with a salad of tomatoes, cucumber, celery and carrots. Mayo and apple cider vinegar as a dressing.

Wish I had Tanqueray. Well really Bombay sapphire.....:weird:
I do have that Great Lakes burning river brew left, that's pretty 'evergreen' tasting
I have juniper berries too, and a recipe saved of Starbucks evergreen tea or whatever it was called. How do I find it if I dont' know what it's called?:shrug:
Really hadn't thought about dinner, I came home and opened a bag of chips 🤪. Bad idea....

Wish I had Tanqueray. Well really Bombay sapphire.....:weird:
I do have that Great Lakes burning river brew left, that's pretty 'evergreen' tasting
I have juniper berries too, and a recipe saved of Starbucks evergreen tea or whatever it was called. How do I find it if I dont' know what it's called?:shrug:
Really hadn't thought about dinner, I came home and opened a bag of chips 🤪. Bad idea....

I had some Bombay Sapphire and strawberry flavored seltzer last night. The Polar brand seltzers, particularly their current round of seasonal flavors lend really nicely to cocktails.

My lemon [pepper chicken and rice casserole was tasty. I think I'll cook some extra veggies to serve with the leftovers.

I had some Bombay Sapphire and strawberry flavored seltzer last night. The Polar brand seltzers, particularly their current round of seasonal flavors lend really nicely to cocktails.

My lemon [pepper chicken and rice casserole was tasty. I think I'll cook some extra veggies to serve with the leftovers.
The polar seltzers do indeed go well with alcohol. I love the raspberry lime with vodka. It's quite refreshing.

I haven't decided what to make for dinner. I still have lentil loaf in the fridge, but I'm jonesin' for some soup, so I might make black bean, kale and potato soup with biscuits. I definitely want to make drop biscuits today and a sweet treat. Maybe cupcakes or brownies.

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
The polar seltzers do indeed go well with alcohol. I love the raspberry lime with vodka. It's quite refreshing.

I haven't decided what to make for dinner. I still have lentil loaf in the fridge, but I'm jonesin' for some soup, so I might make black bean, kale and potato soup with biscuits. I definitely want to make drop biscuits today and a sweet treat. Maybe cupcakes or brownies.
I went with the soup. The biscuits are in the oven and should be done soon. It's a good day for soup -- blustery and cold. :)

ETA: I want to eat all the biscuits. :D I had two with my soup and then I just put some grape jelly on another one. I need to put them away -- now. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
back to olio aglio tonight... we kicked the habit for one week, oh well, so tasty and satisfying... putting in lots of greens tonight and mushrooms and onions along with the garlic and tiny amount of oil, likely olives and cherry tomatoes too

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and PTree15