Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night we had a decent size side salad with romaine/cucumber/cherry tomatoes and a hummusy dressing - udon noodles with spicy peanut sauce and I was still a bit hungry so had a quarter of a whole wheat baguette - butter free

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Mazen and Brian W
last night we had a decent size side salad with romaine/cucumber/cherry tomatoes and a hummusy dressing - udon noodles with spicy peanut sauce and I was still a bit hungry so had a quarter of a whole wheat baguette - butter free

Emma JC
Thanks for sharing Emma, interesting- will try a hummusy dressing one day. Last night I had home-made hummus (as side dish rather than dressing)- 20230628_203816.jpg with whole-grain bread and an improvised 'Potato + salad'; the red colour on top of the salad is from Sumac. These are not Instagram-quality photos but just to give you an idea of the type of meals I am trying to have these days. When I cook pasta I try to opt for healthier options - like whole-grain pastas, bean pastas or buckwheat pastas... 20230628_203935.jpg

Reactions: silva and Emma JC
Yesterday I was invited for dinner: I had rice with stir-fried vegetables- it was all vegan but too oily for me; sometimes, when we are with friends and family, I feel one has to 'compromise' on things like these and try to 'portion control'; and always feel grateful for their invitation.
Later, at home, I had an oil-free Okra stew on rice; plus my 'Maz dessert': a mix of mashed banana/dried fruits/nuts/frozen berries with Tahini and cinnamon...(a 5-minute desert, nutritious and tasty; no blender or cooking needed- highly recommended)

Steak medallions from the Gentle Chef book, with a horseradish powder mixed with mayo. Incredible! I was so excited to make them I didn't make anything else other than onions and pepper

Reactions: Emma JC
Yesterday at a party: I had Hummus, fatoush salad, roasted potatoes, bread (unfortunately they only had white bread). Later, at home, for dessert: 2 whole-grain slices spread with banana, dates, crushed cashew nuts and tahini

Leftover Gardein crispy tenders with mandarin sauce, sweet corn, roast vegetables deglazed with
balsamic vinegar plus a tossed salad with evo vinaigrette.

Berry and black cherry crumble made with a blend of ww and white flour/ground almonds plus pb butter served with
California Farms whipped cream.

Reactions: Col and Emma JC
very lazy last night and had a very large noodley soup for lunch so just took a Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausage (cooked first) and a w/w large tortilla and sprinkled in some cheez shreds, rolled it up and toasted it in the frying pan for a few minutes on each side - side of tortilla chips and salsa

Emma JC

Reactions: Mazen and Raven
Yesterday I was at a ‘potluck’ get-together with friends: had rice, a coconut-based Sri-lankan dish; salad; roasted vegetables; lentil stew; spinach pie; hummus, plus my home-made, dairy-free, ice cream…

I cooked a pound of pinto beans and made half with baked bean stuff, other half with oats into burgers.
Every time I make 'baked' beans I say I should have rinsed them before adding things, and they overcooked. Still true, but very good. I added vegan Worcestershire and a peach bbq sauce from Aldi.
And green beans that weren't quite cooked. I do have issue with getting fresh green beans cooked right