Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Out of fresh veggies. I made a box of daiya chedder mac and cheese with grilled hot dogs, canned sweet peas, lots of hot sauce, mayo, butter, mustard, nooch and garlic.
I know some of it sounds odd, but it is so good.
I like it beside the peas in a can. I think I grew up eating canned peas and didn't like them till I found frozen. I like them in mac and cheese :up:

I also made mac & cheese, but with a tapioca starch sauce--oatmilk, nooch, dijon mustard, miso.... and broccoli
I really prefer the sauce made with a roux rather than starch.
I also ate too much o_O

last night was mashed pinto beans (salsa, spices, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce) burritos with sauted onion/bell pepper/jalapeno and cheez shreds inside, topped with salsa, cheez shreds, pico (green onions/cherry tomatoes/olives) and lots of chopped cilantro and arugula

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

We cracked and ordered a takeaway. I'm having seitan chicken drumsticks and my husband is having vegan cheese burger and fries. I wanted cauliflower wings but they called and said they were out of batter! I probably will steal some of his fries.😆

Still out of fresh veggies, trying not to get fresh till tenting is done.
I made some tofu with various sauces and spices with a bag of frozen stir fry veggie mix and rice noodles. Its ok.
It came out like a tofu dan dan noodles type thing.

Last edited:
I had a big salad with spinach, arugula, tomatoes, carrots, red onions, pickles, pepperoncini, vegan parmesan and dolmas topped with Italian dressing. I got the dolmas (canned) at TJ's, and they are pretty good, but they could use a little lemon. Still tasty, though.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
a chickpea salady kind of dish - grated carrot, chopped celery/bell pepper/green onion/cherry tomatoes/cucumber, chickpeas, spices, rice vinegar, tamari, lemon juice and served sitting on a bed of arugula and chopped baby bok choi - a dollop of hummus on top

Emma JC

I made flour tortillas with this recipe:
Came out great, and so easy!
Sauteed mushrooms, onion and the last seitan steak sliced thin. topped with melty Daiya jalepano havarti :lick:

it was Ikea night last night - lots of the veggie balls (the ones with the visible veggies) rolled in Korean BBQ sauce in a frying pan, rice (with garlic powder) in the rice cooker, fresh baby bok choi and arugula between the rice and the balls and I made a bit of sauce to put on the greens so as to get all their goodness (lemon juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, Keene's mustard powder, garlic powder, cayenne, turmeric and a small amount of hummus mixed in)

Emma JC