Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

So tipples & nibbles at my pal's who lives in the garden has been cancelled. There is a bus strike so she had to catch a train. The train broke down so she's waiting for another one which will get her into town. She'll then have to catch another local bus.
I had prepared some baby potato canapés topped with slice smoke tofu and a black olive.
Green olives.

I'm going to pan fry a soy/wheat burger and serve it with brussels/leftover baby potatoes/evo/yeast flakes.
Grapes for dessert.

So tipples & nibbles at my pal's who lives in the garden has been cancelled. There is a bus strike so she had to catch a train. The train broke down so she's waiting for another one which will get her into town. She'll then have to catch another local bus.
I had prepared some baby potato canapés topped with slice smoke tofu and a black olive.
Green olives.

I'm going to pan fry a soy/wheat burger and serve it with brussels/leftover baby potatoes/evo/yeast flakes.
Grapes for dessert.
Boo on your outing being canceled. Your dinner sounds great, though!

I'm going to make something with jackfruit. I haven't decided what, though I'm leaning toward a shepherd's pie with green beans and corn.

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I am having jackfruit shepherd's pie. I used Gaz Oakley's recipe because it sounded really intriguing. It has brewed coffee in it and red wine. :) I took a taste of the mix and it was delicious! I was going to make this last night and I ended up not being hungry for dinner (had popcorn later :) ), so I made it tonight. It's baking now. It smells great!

I'm just looking at canned Jackfruit now at the Walmart website. They mostly have young green jackfruit in brine. Is that what you would use?
That's what you'd use for savory dishes. Sometimes it says water, but it's still salty brine, you rinse it off.
When it's ripe it's a sweet fruit and usually in syrup.
I've never had it ripe, I've heard it's like a bubble gum taste (?)

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
Yesterday roasted veggies (onion, b sprouts, sweet potatoes, garlic, spices) with Tukey patty. Today I made a gravy for some Aldi burgers and the rest of the veggies I roasted yesterday. I think I have my gravies down now. yum.