Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

it was Saturday so it was Aglio y Olio night - whole wheat spaghettini, lots of garlic, onion, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, mushrooms and handfuls of arugula
Nice. I'm interested: what is "lots of garlic" to you? I love the taste of barely cooked garlic, as long as there is a touch of oil to calm it down a bit. So when I'm properly going to town with garlic I could have as much as 10 cloves per person...

A Madras style tofu & sweet potato curry with basmati rice and sliced bananas.
A juicy peach.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.
Sounds great. What makes it "Madras" in your book? I once had a rough understanding of curries, but the more I read, the more confused I get!

Nice. I'm interested: what is "lots of garlic" to you? I love the taste of barely cooked garlic, as long as there is a touch of oil to calm it down a bit. So when I'm properly going to town with garlic I could have as much as 10 cloves per person...

we do use a touch of oil, the one time I am open to using it - normally a large bulb of garlic, chopped at least 10 minutes before cooking is what I would call lots so that would be more like 5 cloves per person

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Wow
Reactions: Daxx and Brian W
Sounds great. What makes it "Madras" in your book? I once had a rough understanding of curries, but the more I read, the more confused I get!

Madras curry contains more chilli and is a bit hotter than other curry powders. It also contains yogurt.
I also like to specify it's an Indian and not a Thai style curry which is a very different type of curry.

I had leftovers for dinner ; more Madras curry with basmati rice plus some sliced banana.
A doughnut peach.

Reactions: Emma JC
I made this pasta, liked it so much I posted-

Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
I just made some gyro burgers, but this time I used a combination of nuts, seeds, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, leftover red lentils, with traditional middle eastern herbs/spices. I used a flax egg to make it a bit stickier. It all pulsed together nicely in my food processor. I had to add a tiny bit of water to make it the right consistency.

For the condiment, I made a tzatziki with non-dairy sour cream and coconut yogurt, shredded cucumber, fresh dill, and a splash of citrus. It tastes pretty close to the traditional version. Then I topped it with fresh sliced heirloom tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion on my toasted locally baked ciabatta bun. Yummy!

I love leftovers 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Dinner was a bowl of mustard greens, a bowl of cherries, and 2 oatmeal raisin cookies sweetened with fruit and squash. Breakfast was greek lentil spinach soup w/lemon.

Quinoa with sauteed courgettes, with a sprinkle of garlic plus yeast flakes.
A dougnut peach plus a few walnuts.
A glass of chilled chardonnay.

Leftover brown basmati rice with a can of Heinz chili beans, corn, chili powder and cumin. All mixed together and warmed up. MMMM