Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night - refried bean bean dip with chopped zucchini, onion, jalapeno, olives, cherry tomatoes, topped with a bit of cheez and scooped up with tortilla chips (which have gone up a dollar a bag since the last time I shopped) (prices are getting crazy)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
Choices available from the freezer: asparagus soup w/ww sprouted grain toast.
Choices available from the fridge:
ww spaghetti with tomato mushroom sauce, additional mushrooms cooked and available
potatoes and corn or beans with mushroom oil free gravy
mexican beans and potato casserole with salsa and corn tortillas
baked beans
small serving of stir fried vegetables w/wild and brown basmati rice, garlic ginger savory sauce or sweet savory stir fry sauce

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
had spaghettini, sauce and Yves meatballs and whole kalamata olives - and then made the mistake of putting my bread pizza base in the oven and eating it as a type of garlic bread with the rest......... way too much food at 9 pm, delicious of course, but tough to sleep with all those carbs, up at 6:30 am ugh... I haven't eaten today in protest ... lol

Emma JC

A warm salad; steamed cauliflower, French beans, frankfurters, gem lettuce with Dijon vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Blueberries with Alpro soya yogurt/coconut milk yogurt/stevia.
A glass of rosé Zinfandel.

A black bean slab, with Camargue rice, cauliflower in white sauce, and a cabbage salad. A nice way to round off a bank holiday weekend.

The black bean slab worked really well. I still haven't got to grips with seitan, but I think I prefer using VWG in smaller quantities to give an oldschool bean burger mix just a little bit of stretch.

The cauliflower was baked in a simple white sauce, thickened with some cornflour, oat flour and arrowroot. I popped a cheeky couple of Violife cheese slices on top at the end and grilled it.

Cooking is definitely more fun these days!

Last edited:
seeing how it was an USA holiday we made biscuits and gravy... put some italian gardein sausage crumbled up in the gravy, poured it over the biscuits and also potato/sweet potato - popcorn for dessert

Emma JC