Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Pretty disappointed in the chocolate. The peanut butter cornflake bar was good as was the dark coffee chocolate. But dark chocolate is not milk chocolate. The hazelnut crunch was just ok and the classic was bad. Very gritty and not creamy at all. It reminded me of the cheap Palmer Easter eggs we used to get after having tasted good chocolate. Very waxy and fake. I was looking forward to the classic tasting at least like Hershey’s chocolate which I love. So yeah, I’m not too happy right now. ☹️

That's tough when you're awaiting a delicious treat. I've never tasted a vegan milk chocolate that I like. I totally agree with the fact that plain (dark)
chocolate tastes nothing like milk and sadly when you want the latter, it just doesn't give you that fix. :(

I actually am not a huge fan of most of the brands that do dairy milk chocolate and really dislike Hershey's, Galaxy and Yorkie bars.

But perhaps that's the only way forward.......:cool:
Yes...but then there’s the issue of just because I didn’t like something doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I want all vegan items to succeed lol.
I do think I’m more particular than most. Finicky if you will. 😎 I can see it by posts here where most of you like something and I’m thinking, like, yuck. 😁

Yes...but then there’s the issue of just because I didn’t like something doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I want all vegan items to succeed lol.
I do think I’m more particular than most. Finicky if you will. 😎 I can see it by posts here where most of you like something and I’m thinking, like, yuck. 😁

Same here.:D I've always been quite critical of meals/food etc ever since I was a young girl.

Reactions: KLS52
We had vegan stuff from the Tesco Plant Chef range that we didn't like.:( I didn't like the burgers or the "beef" strips.

I'm trying a korma Plant Chef curry sauce today for dinner. I'm having onion, carrots, bell pepper, spinach and peas with brown rice. I don't particularly like brown rice either. I was having it to be "healthy" but I'm going back to white basmati when I have used it up.:D

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Brown rice = yuck. Lol. It’s not the rice itself but the hulls/shells that are always mixed in. I have yet to find a brand that doesn’t have them. I would like it otherwise. I think I tried instant brown once and that was decent but I don’t like the idea of instant rice. Feels like junk food lol.

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I know, it tastes horrible. In fact it's not the taste it's the texture. I might have quinoa instead actually, even though I don't like that too much either.:joy:

• Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Brown rice = yuck. Lol. It’s not the rice itself but the hulls/shells that are always mixed in. I have yet to find a brand that doesn’t have them. I would like it otherwise. I think I tried instant brown once and that was decent but I don’t like the idea of instant rice. Feels like junk food lol.

I only eat brown or black rice and never have bits of shells in the ones that I buy. Strange!

I only eat brown or black rice and never have bits of shells in the ones that I buy. Strange!
Not considering that you are on the “other side of the pond.“ 😁 Everything food related is better “over there”. 😍

last night I made a cashew alfredo linguini - it was okay but considering there was a cup and half of cashews, a whole bulb of garlic etc and a fair amount of work... I think I prefer the simpler pastas with all the ingredients we love instead of highfalutin dishes that never live up to their expectations

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

last night I made a cashew alfredo linguini - it was okay but considering there was a cup and half of cashews, a whole bulb of garlic etc and a fair amount of work... I think I prefer the simpler pastas with all the ingredients we love instead of highfalutin dishes that never live up to their expectations

Emma JC
What I do is use 1/2 cup cashews and blend with cooked cauliflower.I've been thinkign about that for the last week!

I'm going to use the Beyond italian sausage for a lasagna. I finally found Daiya montery jack, and have FYH parm. I have to say I've had my fill of processed foods for now! I'll be back to veggies and beans starting tomorrow

And I'll make a lentil soup for lunches

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
What I do is use 1/2 cup cashews and blend with cooked cauliflower.I've been thinkign about that for the last week!

I'm going to use the Beyond italian sausage for a lasagna. I finally found Daiya montery jack, and have FYH parm. I have to say I've had my fill of processed foods for now! I'll be back to veggies and beans starting tomorrow

And I'll make a lentil soup for lunches

that's a great idea - I have never been a huge 'white sauce' fan for pasta, I do love a tomato based sauce and I love our alio y olio type pasta as well, so I think it will be another year or so before I try it again

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52
I'm going to make pasta e fagiole for dinner. I will have some bread with it as well and maybe a small salad with Italian dressing. It's been so cold of late, so a nice hearty soup will be perfect.

Me too...Brown rice just has so Much more flavour! Red rice is also delicious, it is grown in the Camargue and we bought it from our health shop in France...Here in Ireland I have been buying a “gourmet“ rice blend - long grain brown rice,red rice and wild rice...It is organic from Essential organic in the UK... How rice is prepared is also important I think... I always lightly brown the rice first dry in the pan, 1 measure of rice 2 measures of boiling water added once the rice has started to brown,
turn down the heat and simmer til all water has evaporated- do Not lift lid while cooking! Takes about 20 minutes...Then let sit about 5 minutes... Cooking it this way it is Never soggy and has a nice Nutty flavour...

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
we had such a big brunch yesterday that we didn't feel like eating a ton for dinner - had a couple of italian sausage sitting in the fridge that needed to be used so just made a couple of hotdogs and used pitas for buns - warmed up some sauerkraut to put on top and had some potato chips on the side

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
A slaw ; carrots, red & white cabbage, diced frankfurters, pumpkin/chia seeds/walnuts/yeast flakes plus a creamy dressing.
Air fried sliced potatoes served with a sprinkle of cider vinegar
Raspberries & yogurt/stevia
A small glass of full bodied red wine

Reactions: Emma JC
we had such a big brunch yesterday that we didn't feel like eating a ton for dinner - had a couple of italian sausage sitting in the fridge that needed to be used so just made a couple of hotdogs and used pitas for buns - warmed up some sauerkraut to put on top and had some potato chips on the side

Emma JC
Vegan sausage with sauerkraut is delicious! With lots of mustard, too. :D

I'm going to have the pasta e fagiole again. It came out great. And a salad and bread with Earth Balance.

I had a couple of slices of a vegan pepperoni pizza for dinner tonight. From the store Iceland. I liked the toppings but I thought the vegan cheese tasted weirdly sweet. I think I will add some jalapenos or hot sauce to the rest before I eat it.