Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Aglio e Olio night again only this time we decided to keep to the exact ingredients for the pasta - tons of finely chopped garlic, chili peppers, a bit of olive oil and the pasta - and we put all our other ingredients in a chick pea salad (cucumber, green onions, cherry tomatoes, celery, mixed greens chopped finely, chick peas, lime juice, tamari, rice vinegar. The burst of flavour with just the garlic in the pasta was spectacular and I liked being able to include some extra protein (chick peas) in the meal.

Emma JC

Reactions: Second Summer
Weightwatchers lentil soup with flavour additions of my own and wholewheat bread. (I'm not losing weight but we always have quick soup on Sundays because I do the washing at around tea time and Weightwatchers have the only vegan soups I can find locally)

Knäckebröd with violife cream cheese and strawberry jam. Hot chocolate.

Baked beans on toast.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
enchinladas. My son really loves when I make these. I'm not much a fan. I really haven't liked Mexican food since going vegan, That may be the last area I still miss dairy cheese! Every other food type I like vegan chese

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I'm going to have some soup made with some frozen green lentil stew with added vegetables and some Marmite stock.
Berries & coconut yogurt.
A glass of red (Italian) plonk.

Reactions: Emma JC
I have some leftover black beans so am cooking cut carrots and celery in veg broth and will add the beans and rice for a quick soup

Beyond burger and roasted Japanese sweet potato fries--dam they're sweet! :yuck:, and squishy inside....

Cottage pie (topped with sweet potato mash) served with brussels, a sprinkle of ground black pepper, yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.
A coconut milk yogurt/stevia.
A persimmon.
A margarita.

last night was a burger each with fried onions, Earth Island cheese, onion, pickles and a side of potato chips

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Raven
lightly roasted finely chopped garlic with some teryaki ingredients added used as a sauce for Yves meatballs to go on top of pesto gnocchi and served on a small bed of arugula (the smells are making my mouth water)

Emma JC

lightly roasted finely chopped garlic with some teryaki ingredients added used as a sauce for Yves meatballs to go on top of pesto gnocchi and served on a small bed of arugula (the smells are making my mouth water)

Emma JC

oops lol - I opened a pack of Yves falafels instead of meatfalls so we are having sweet and sour falafels on our gnocchi instead.... He is not impressed...

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Cottage pie topped with sweet potato mash served with brussels plus a drizzle of evo and ans sprinkle of pepper/yeast flakes.
Coconut milk yogurt/stevia.
A glass of chardonnay.

Super chunky veggie chili with tomatoes, black beans, corn and zucchini in the crockpot. Super simple, super healthy and tasty. First chili of the season. (It was use what I have, avoid the store till I get paid meal).

Last edited: