Anastasia6489

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hello, I think to be vegetarian. I ask you for help.

I like cooking, it's such a hobby. In addition, I like delicious dishes (probably like all of us). But I have a problem, it's a problem of finding recipes for vegetarians.

Have you also encountered such a problem as finding the right dish? What do you use most often? How do you deal with this problem?

Finding a vegetarian recipe should not be a problem.

Maybe the very first thing you should try is taking any of your favorite recipes and look for ones that don't contain meat. Maybe it's different in Ukraine but before I was vegetarian there were all kinds of vegetarian dishes I ate each week. Breakfast included things like scrambled eggs and toast or oatmeal. Lunch included things like Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or vegetarian soups and a roll. Lots of different salads can be made meat-free. And for dinner, there were all kinds of pasta dishes that were already meat-free.

The next thing you should do is look at the recipes and meals you eat now and just take out the meat. Pasta sauces don't have to have meat. Even a sandwich can have the meat taken out. Lots of different kinds of soups become vegetarian by just not including meat. For example Split pea soup doesn't need any ham and chicken noodle doesn't have to include chicken.

There are dishes where you can substitute something for the meat. One of the most popular is substituting tofu for chicken. Any dish that includes chicken pieces can be made with tofu. I had trouble learning how to cook tofu (although it really isn't that hard), so you might want to use a specific recipe for tofu dishes. If you have vegetaian meat substitutes in the store you can buy those and use those instead of things like ground beef.

If your libraries or book stores are still open you should go to one and take out a vegetarian cookbook (or two). you will have lots of new things to try.

We have a recipe section here at the vegan forum. Also, we post what we have had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You should be able to get lots of good ideas just from this forum.

There is also Google. Just think of any recipe and then google it and include the word vegetarian in your search. So you can search for "vegetarian chili" or "vegetarian meatballs".

And you can also just google vegetarian recipes or meals. there are lots of good vegetarian resources on line. I'll put a few of my favorites at the bottom.

There are probably some in Ukranian or Russian.

Thank you for your answer, it's so interesting and helpful. In addition, do you use some program for finding dishes and information about vegetarianism? Tell me about it. Or do you use only websites?

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer, it's so interesting and helpful. In addition, do you use some program for finding dishes and information about vegetarianism? Tell me about it. Or do you use only web-sites?

Oh, my gosh. The main problem is that there are so many to choose from.

The only vegetarian one that is on my iPhone is SparkRecipes. And it is pretty good. The SparkPeople have all kinds of good resources (if you're not vegan).

For strictly vegetarian stuff, there are some vegetarians on this forum. Hopefully, some of them have some suggestions.

I think all the others on my iPhone are vegan.
This is my goto on my phone - 21 Day Vegan KickStart
obviously just vegan stuff. but vegan stuff is vegetarian.

But recently I have become a huge fan of a website/app that is called CopyMeThat.

If you go to the Copy Me That website you will see a little search box. It says "Search Community Recipes".
If you type in "Vegetarian" you will see there are hundreds of vegetarian recipes.
You could also type in something like "Vegetarian chili" or "vegetarian meatballs".
And if you find one you like, you just click on your "CopyMeThat" button and it is added to your recipe box.

You can click on the "people" button and find my recipes under Lou2005.

I will prefer to make all Indian vegetarian dishes. North to south there are thousand type of vegetarian recipe. People have to check what Indian people eat everyday and which is simplest dishes. Like I am cooking myself and trying to make easiest and fastest recipe for everyday in my dinner. offcourse tradition Indian food taking time but there are lots of other recipe.
I will say to beginners if you have microwave, then start with idali use of semolina. and eat with some simple curry. ( like aloo, mattar curry)

Thank you for your answer, it's so interesting and helpful. In addition, do you use some program for finding dishes and information about vegetarianism? Tell me about it. Or do you use only websites?
I would search whatever type of recipe followed by vegetarian (or vegan)
Ukrainian vegetarian comes up with this site, good for inspirationa-

It's good you love to cook! Meat is used for the fat and flavor, but once you understand how to cook without, and infuse the beans and veg with flavors, it will become as easy as ever

Here is a site that I really love for ideas. It's Lebanese inspired-

Are you familiar with using beans? What are some typical foods you make? So much can be made with beans, whole grains, root veggies
We love to talk food here, and questions and advice are always needed!
:welcome: