Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PTree15 - I love your tree!
I'm going to put up some lights-no tree anymore. My cats will have to be happy with their boxes. Maybe I'll put some wrapping paper and ribbon on them! :kitty:

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I am happy to report that my Christmas shopping is almost complete. I think I have three or four things left to get. :)

images

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I started to watch It's a Wonderful Life the other day and didn't really like it. It's weird as I remember thinking it was good when I was younger. I know it is considered a classic, oh well.:oops::D

I started to watch It's a Wonderful Life the other day and didn't really like it. It's weird as I remember thinking it was good when I was younger. I know it is considered a classic, oh well.:oops::D
That is tied for my favorite Christmas movie. I always watch it on Christmas Eve.

Hundreds of excited people braved the cold weather at 6pm this evening to witness the unveiling of the world famous tree at a lighting ceremony.

But for many the experience was an underwhelming one, with some saying the tree, which is donated every year by Norway, looked more like a vegetable than a spruce.
More: Trafalgar Square Christmas tree slammed by disappointed Londoners

Also check out the comments to the article :) One says the lights are worse than traffic lights!

Last edited:
More: Trafalgar Square Christmas tree slammed by disappointed Londoners

Also check out the comments to the article :) One says the lights are worse than traffic lights!
Well, and here you have it. The essence of Christmas Spirit, lol. Apparently no one listens to the nice words given in the speech just before the lighting.

So, I decided to do a little research via YouTube and checked out the tree from past years. They all look pretty much the same. This year's might be a little thin but it seems to be indicative of what a Norwegian spruce looks like.

Maybe they could change up the direction of the lights so that it doesn't look quite so straight/up and down.

The Trafalgar Square tree does look a little like a cucumber.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.