Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some Christmas presents today. :) our manager left a big bag of presents on each of our desks! I don't know what they are yet but isn't that just so kind!?

We also get some kind of a small gift. I sold last year's gift at the 2 nd hand depot as it was a candle which wasn't my cup of tea.

Reactions: Freesia
We also get some kind of a small gift. I sold last year's gift at the 2 nd hand depot as it was a candle which wasn't my cup of tea.
That is sweet & the thought is nice. I just thought it was as so generous & kind as it's from him personally, not the company.

Reactions: Freesia
This is the same tree as last year, just with more lights.:) I've had it up since the end of November and I put it higher up so the cats can't get to it. I feel like leaving it up all year.:D

20161214_183357_zpsnjivxgzg.jpg

Finally bought all presents! Made quite a dent in the wrapping already but still lots to do. Will have to stagger it over a few days as I get so very bored wrapping. Cannot believe it's only a week away now... Oh my gosh. Time to enjoy the count down properly :)

How's everyone else doing?

Reactions: Val
Not great...I think the buying is mostly done but I have not wrapped anything. I need to get a few cards...I never wrote out my Christmas cards and if I don't do it this weekend I may not bother but that makes me sad.

I am going to my daughter's today to celebrate Josh's 8th birthday since I don't get to see him on his actual birthday which is Christmas Eve. It was supposed to be a day trip but due to bad weather, we will be leaving late and sleeping over. That puts a crimp in my Sunday plans.

On top of this, I think I'm getting sick! I thought it was allergies at first but I'm feeling worse as the day goes on and I think I am coming down with something. Bah humbug! And stupid SNOW (yes, I said it, lol) for messing up my travel plans! I think this is the first time in 10 years that a long range forecast actually came true. It has been saying snow for today, for the last two weeks, and never wavered as it got closer and closer. We actually got 6 inches of snow which almost never happens. Go figure! Serves me right for being such a snow lover! Haha.

I finally gave myself the much desired manicure that I've been wanting since Thanksgiving.

So I haz pretty nails for Christmas. As long as you don't look too closely, that is, haha. My nails are a disaster...full of ridges and my cuticles are always cracked and dry. But I gave them lots of attention and added three coats of color so they really do look decent. It was a nice pick me up.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
This is the same tree as last year, just with more lights.:) I've had it up since the end of November and I put it higher up so the cats can't get to it. I feel like leaving it up all year.:D

20161214_183357_zpsnjivxgzg.jpg
Funny you should say that about leaving the tree up all year. I was thinking of leaving mine up all through January. It's so pretty and it makes me happy to look at it.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Lol@the dear SANTA pillow!

I am almost done with the shopping and wrapping. On the plus side, I have distributed a lot of my presents because we had a family party last weekend. So a lot of the pressure is off. Just a few more odds and ends to buy and wrap. I've got a lot of cooking to do, though, as I pretty much have to bring my own feast. :D

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I'm wrapping birthday presents. :rolleyes:

Only one more item to purchase, and then do my share of the wrapping. We may go to a candlelight service on Saturday night - that would be lovely.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I can't believe it's over. Wahhhh! :sob:

I did get some cool stuff though!

Mug from Josh and bowl from Lydia. They painted them in ceramics class.
IMG_1629.JPG

Cute kitty that sits atop a glass and hand painted ornaments.

IMG_1628.JPG

My oldest daughter gave me vegan lip balm!

IMG_1626.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.