Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
322063723_1130732494307759_4266740040333293039_n.jpg

That is how it should be. When I watch the Simpsons and see the Crazy Cat Lady I always think it would be cool to have 100 cats and walk around with them attached..

I had a really nice time at my sister's for Christmas. Here are a couple of my most interesting gifts:

20221226_124158.jpg
Camri is very creative and loves making homemade gifts.

20221226_124241.jpg
My sister got me this beautiful little wood carved nativity. I think she said the wood was from the Holy Land.

20221226_124331.jpg
Colin got me this tiny dragon globe! I was so surprised. He knows I love dragons. This is the first time I have gotten a gift from my all grown up grandson!

I had a really nice time at my sister's for Christmas. Here are a couple of my most interesting gifts:

View attachment 28366
Camri is very creative and loves making homemade gifts.

View attachment 28367
My sister got me this beautiful little wood carved nativity. I think she said the wood was from the Holy Land.

View attachment 28368
Colin got me this tiny dragon globe! I was so surprised. He knows I love dragons. This is the first time I have gotten a gift from my all grown up grandson!

Awesome lineup of stuff :)

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I was able to go visit my sister in Indiana
Had gotten a few nice things
then after we left we got lost near Chicago loop i am upset that we get lost or turn off from coming to il to indiana wrong. My sister said sorry we had to take the scenic route glad we are home.

So this is it. 😞 I took down a lot of my decorations but I'm leaving up the tabletop tree because I like it and I keep it lit when I'm home. Usually I put away the nativity but I think I'm going to leave that a bit longer. I just find it all so soothing, especially in the early morning when I'm up and waiting for sunrise. (Excuse the cardboard cat scratchers... they actually work and I was able to remove the horrid sticky tape from most of the furniture lol.)307B6446-ED4D-4CFD-81A6-D1F19F811729.jpeg

THE LEGEND OF LA BEFANA

In Italian folklore, La Befana is a witch who brings good children treats on the morning of the Epiphany, January 6. But if you were bad, look out – you may wake up to a lump of coal.

We know. Familiar, right? Does she say, “Ho ho ho,” and associate with red-nosed reindeer, too?

Think again: La Befana has been flying around the world on her tattered broomstick to swoop down chimneys and deliver sweet or sooty judgment on girls and boys long before Kris Kringle could so much as grow a goatee. The witch has been in the Italian tradition at least since the eighth century, as part of the Epiphany.

In Italy, the Epiphany marks the official end of the Christmas season, commemorating the day when the three Wise Men arrived at the manger bearing gifts. Every year, the occasion is celebrated with living nativity scenes, a great procession through the city center, and — most exciting for the sweet tooths among us — the arrival of La Befana.

According to the story, the four figures’ fates were intertwined when the Magi happened upon La Befana early on during their quest. She charitably hosted them for an evening in her humble but cozy cottage; the next morning, they invited her to accompany them to Bethlehem. Busy cleaning her home, La Befana declined at first – but then, after they carried on their way – she had second thoughts. She quickly filled a basket with gifts for the baby Jesus and set off alone. Although she followed the same star, she was unable to find the manger before the Wise Men did on January 6, the Epiphany.

Today, La Befana continues to travel the world on Epiphany Eve, searching every house for the child and leaving candies and chocolates for the good children – just coal for the bad – in her wake. At Eataly, we are celebrating her arrival with panettone and pandoro, the traditional Italian holiday cakes, and other sweet treats.

So this is it. 😞 I took down a lot of my decorations but I'm leaving up the tabletop tree because I like it and I keep it lit when I'm home. Usually I put away the nativity but I think I'm going to leave that a bit longer. I just find it all so soothing, especially in the early morning when I'm up and waiting for sunrise. (Excuse the cardboard cat scratchers... they actually work and I was able to remove the horrid sticky tape from most of the furniture lol.)View attachment 28402

That's nice KL-cosy and inviting.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Wish I had the ambition to make this. 😍

E7BC9E48-0F3E-4FAD-843D-20855C5AF518.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.