Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an interesting family Christmas yesterday…daughter had no power from the morning until mid afternoon. We did what we could on generator power, but it wasn’t working well for the oven. It would preheat and then shut off. So we unplugged the refrigerator for half an hour and were able to get some appetizers done. I brought my own, already cooked food so I was good, lol. The rest of the day went well and we had a good time exchanging presents, other than the one time when I opened a Bratt memorial gift from my daughter…a garden stake…and it made me cry. I felt bad because she felt bad but it didn’t last long and all was good after that. 😊

We had an interesting family Christmas yesterday…daughter had no power from the morning until mid afternoon. We did what we could on generator power, but it wasn’t working well for the oven. It would preheat and then shut off. So we unplugged the refrigerator for half an hour and were able to get some appetizers done. I brought my own, already cooked food so I was good, lol. The rest of the day went well and we had a good time exchanging presents, other than the one time when I opened a Bratt memorial gift from my daughter…a garden stake…and it made me cry. I felt bad because she felt bad but it didn’t last long and all was good after that. 😊

Awww, I know how you feel. I remember when I received the key ring you sent me with my gorgeous Shyv's pix. I still have it.

I like chestnuts with Christmas dinner but this year I didn't buy any. I often make them with brussels plus diced vegan bacon. What kind of a trifle are you making? I've just made some custard to go with the Christmas pudding. Wish that I had some mince pies though. :cool:
I'm not sure actually! My mother in law says she has a trifle recipe to use. 🙂

No mince pies?

I've just made the stuffing...tastes so good and the house smells great. Now my husband and son are making some Christmas tiffin with ginger nuts, pretzels and almonds in to put in the fridge for tomorrow.

I'm being really lazy and having the Linda McCartney chicken roast, roast potatoes, stuffing, veggies and gravy. I have lemon cupcakes and vanilla ice cream for dessert as we don't like many traditional xmas desserts.

Merry Christine everyone. I hope that your stockings were full of goodies and that
you enjoy all of the lovely food that you've prepared.

321601591_1242566106645974_2051684463082961580_n.jpg

I'm going to try and not be depressed today...I always feel a huge letdown on Christmas Day as I mourn/grieve the end of the season. But I'm going to concentrate on the 12 Days of Christmas instead, which starts today! 😁😍🥰

I'm going to try and not be depressed today...I always feel a huge letdown on Christmas Day as I mourn/grieve the end of the season. But I'm going to concentrate on the 12 Days of Christmas instead, which starts today! 😁😍🥰

Sorry that you're feeling low. I'm the contrary and relieved when everything's over. Too much hype and pressure. I wish that I could be in Brighton feeding all of the gulls and pigeons.:)

Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah and happy holidays! We had our big family Christmas gathering last week, so yesterday my sis and I visited our dad to deliver his gift: a canvas print with pics of my sis and me. He loved it! Then I went to my mom and stepdad’s for Christmas Eve. I brought cookies, gingerbread and a Harry and David platter of dried fruit and nuts I got as a gift.

Our friend Shirley was supposed to visit, but she had a cold and didn’t want to spread anything, but we still had a nice relaxing evening. Today my sis will come and we will have Christmas dinner. I had hoped to make chickpea cutlets or a nut roast, but I ran out of time. My mom has Beyond burgers, so I will have that with all the veggies. Looking forward to a nice relaxing day!

I am going to my sister's for our family gathering this evening. Ken and Camri (of the mansion) have stayed up in North Carolina for the snow so they will be missing this year. We won't be doing our regular outdoor activities this year with it only going to be around 40 degrees! I am not sure what Lynda is having for dinner but I always have lots of "sides" to fill me up.

I'm making dinner now. We just took our dog to the beach. It was quite busy! I saw the wild swimming group there. I was going to see if I could join them at some point! Maybe a new year resolution!

Merry Christmas.🤩

20221225_130911.jpg

Didnt know everyone was in here! Had a nice day yesterday, was lovely having a Christmas with my brother and his wife. Also had my Nan here though she has a lot of disabilities now so it is hard to think about it at times.. :( but she had a nice time and enjoyed all the presents she got, lots of soaps, and a calender, and perfume.. as her perfume (s) was stolen from her room last year... so she was happy to get it ..
We didnt eat until 5pm when everyone else in NZ seemed to be already finished, napping and snoring. Now is boxing day, very quiet.. Im trying to go back to eating normally and not eating in celebration mode.. lol...

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't pop on yesterday to say Merrry Christmas! Hope everyone had a lovely day.

We had a wonderful, very busy day. This morning I've been sorting out all the new toys, presents etc and finding homes for everything. Hate mess. E is getting through playing with everything and it's keeping him nicely occupied. 🙂

20221225_080027.jpg Stockings in bed. 🎅🏼

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.