Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone making mince pies or Christmas pudding in a bowl :

264678129_10227471817479953_4752225258778777483_n.jpg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Brian W
Ok I'm doing it. I've been procrastinating for days, mainly because I have no freezer space. I'm baking my first batch of Christmas cookies! Starting off with basic butter cookies using a cookie press. Wish me luck!

I did it! 2 lbs. of butter cookies baked but not yet iced…I dip the ends in chocolate and add sprinkles/chopped nuts. I also have the dough for gingerbread cookies and linzer tarts chillin’ in the refrigerator. I’ll bake those tomorrow. Then I’ll make the peanut butter balls. Oh, yeah, and the three layer cookies. I should do those first because jams gets spread in each layer and then you have to “weight” it down for 24 hours in the refrigerator before adding the chocolate and cutting them into squares. I’m so excited! Now that I finally got started my ambition has kicked in. Sometimes taking that first step is the hardest!

I did it! 2 lbs. of butter cookies baked but not yet iced…I dip the ends in chocolate and add sprinkles/chopped nuts. I also have the dough for gingerbread cookies and linzer tarts chillin’ in the refrigerator. I’ll bake those tomorrow. Then I’ll make the peanut butter balls. Oh, yeah, and the three layer cookies. I should do those first because jams gets spread in each layer and then you have to “weight” it down for 24 hours in the refrigerator before adding the chocolate and cutting them into squares. I’m so excited! Now that I finally got started my ambition has kicked in. Sometimes taking that first step is the hardest!
Well done! I'm trying to squeeze in some gingerbread cookies. We had our family party on Sunday, and I did have five kinds of cookies, but I didn't have time to make gingerbread cookies, and now I want some. Maybe on Friday I can make them. This Christmas season has flown by!

I've made gravy today & tomorrow will make chestnut stuffing, broccoli cheese and Christmas tiffin. We're going to my in laws for Xmas Dinner so will take our bits with us. Tomorrow they are making the nut roast & a trifle. 🙂

I am way behind with Christmas so we are making due what we have. We are trapped in house til Christmas because of snow and of the freezing weather. However i celebrate Christmas the 12 days til second week of Jan.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I've made gravy today & tomorrow will make chestnut stuffing, broccoli cheese and Christmas tiffin. We're going to my in laws for Xmas Dinner so will take our bits with us. Tomorrow they are making the nut roast & a trifle. 🙂

I like chestnuts with Christmas dinner but this year I didn't buy any. I often make them with brussels plus diced vegan bacon. What kind of a trifle are you making? I've just made some custard to go with the Christmas pudding. Wish that I had some mince pies though. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.