Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

There is a pop up that just opened near me selling real Christmas trees. I am tempted to finally buy one...

Reactions: KLS52
I'm about to rewatch Three Wise Men and a Baby.🥰
Such a cute movie. I hope they make more with multiple lead actors and actresses so fun. They have been doing a lot of cameos...sneaking them in at various spots in some of the movies.

Reactions: PTree15
It was good!

Some of the xmas films are dire. I do watch a lot of them, but I am laughing at the dialogue.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Yes, I'm not a fan of the Christmas dramas or the mysteries.

My favorite movies are those that have the city girl going home for Christmas. She either has an aunt or grandmother, who left her a house/inn/candy store. 😂 or she has to save the family farm.
She always has a serious boyfriend or fiancé, but evidently runs into her old high school/college boyfriend. He is either widowed or divorced with a kid or two. Of course, she winds up with the old boyfriend. There is always some kind of baking and cooking involved and lots of Christmasy stuff going on. Watch that same scenario over and over again. All they need to do is switch up the lead actors and actresses and I'm happy. 😁

The films do generally follow a basic formula, but some are so much better than others. I don't like the ones about meeting a prince. :lol:

I can't put up decorations yet as we still need to have the flooring laid and the walls painted downstairs! I do have some fairy lights so I might put them up today in the room that doesn't need painting.:D

The films do generally follow a basic formula, but some are so much better than others. I don't like the ones about meeting a prince. :lol:

I can't put up decorations yet as we still need to have the flooring laid and the walls painted downstairs! I do have some fairy lights so I might put them up today in the room that doesn't need painting.:D
I don't like most of the royal ones. The exceptions are the one with Danica McKellar and one with Lacey Chabert.

I don't like most of the royal ones. The exceptions are the one with Danica McKellar and one with Lacey Chabert.
I like some of the royal ones. Yes, that one with Danica McKellar is adorable. And I love the ones with Lacey Chabert (A Royal Christmas, which also has Jane Seymour) and Christmas at Castle Hart. I also like One Royal Holiday, which is set in Connecticut, I think.

Reactions: KLS52
Holiday shopping done. Gift cards for date night for the adults, a leggo type flower thing for the older girl, stacking dinosaur things for the 2 boys and stacking farm animal things for the youngest girl. I am sending my sister in Pennsylvania a 100 amazon card. It is a bit more than I intended to spend. I did however get 2x bonuses for the enrolment period from work that one covers the expense.
1701995654910.png

I bought a couple of gifts today. A book for my friend Dale, and an electronic audio gizmo that plays little stories from Frozen for the daughter of my nephew Matthew's GF. I checked my list, and I have about five more gifts to buy. Getting there.

All my decorating is done, but I have to put away some boxes and store the things I took off the hutch, buffet and baker's rack. It looks very festive in my house. :)

I walked past some big houses on a nice street on my way home today and the decorations are really lovely. I'm not doing mine until next weekend, but they won't be as extravagant as the ones I saw.

I'm about to watch A Merry Scottish Christmas as I recorded it earlier.🤩