Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread

I'm not a fan of xmas pudding, but they do vegan xmas pudding energy balls at a cafe near me. I might buy one to try it.

I wish I had been able to see Gremlins on the big screen as it was showing at the same cinema in London that we saw Die Hard. There is always next year!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I'm so happy with my baking this year! I found a vegan recipe for the three layer cookies. I tried it and it's amazing! I'm so excited! I made them last year by just winging it with my regular recipe and they were just ok. But these are so much better!

And I made red velvet cookies that are so so good! They are meant to also be gluten free but I just subbed with regular flour. Definitely a recipe I'm keeping and will make again and again. They're not red enough but it was hard to judge the color before adding the flour.

I also made my butter cookies and those are usually my favorite but they did not come out as light and buttery as they usually do. I must have added too much flour. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø But they are still good. I'm just not sure I will want to give any of those away.

Oh, and I made peanut butter balls only I hate rolling and dipping them in chocolate so I saw a TikTok where they were done in a pan and cut into bars. So that's how I did it this year. I hope I can cut them ok. I did one batch with Rice Krispies as usual and a second batch with crushed pretzels. Also saw that on TikTok lol. Or a Facebook reel. Whatever haha.

I used just egg instead of tofu and solo almond filling instead of paste on the rainbow cookies.

Well the peanut butter bars are a disaster. They are crumbling and falling apart. I'm going to add the melted chocolate on top and refrigerate again and hope the chocolate will hold them together. šŸ¤ž

• Sad
Reactions: silva
Well the peanut butter bars are a disaster. They are crumbling and falling apart. I'm going to add the melted chocolate on top and refrigerate again and hope the chocolate will hold them together. šŸ¤ž
Aww, that's a bummer. I hope you can get them to stay together.

I haven't baked a thing for Christmas. :( I might make a gingerbread tomorrow. I still have some cranberry nut muffins in the freezer, which is nice. But I would like a nice dessert. Am missing my apple pie. :( I do have three apples, so maybe I can bake them.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I saw a recipe from emmymade (youtuber) that used a jar of microwaved peanut butter, microwaved can of frosting mixed together and poured in a pan to chill as fudge. Trying to keep from making it, as I bought both!

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52
I saw a recipe from emmymade (youtuber) that used a jar of microwaved peanut butter, microwaved can of frosting mixed together and poured in a pan to chill as fudge. Trying to keep from making it, as I bought both!
That sounds good! Thanks for nothing....as if I need more help sabotaging my diet lol šŸ˜‚