Music What's Playing In Your Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up with The Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter in my head.

Reactions: Val
"Dogma" by KMFDM

"Dogma"

All we want is a headrush
All we want is to get out of our skin for a while
We have nothing to lose because we don't have anything
Anything we want anyway...
We used to hate people
Now we just make fun of them
It's more effective that way
We don't live
We just scratch on day to day
With nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets
And all we are waiting for is for something worth waiting for
Let's admit America gets the celebrities we deserve
Let's stop saying "Don't quote me" because if no one quotes you
You probably haven't said a thing worth saying
We need something to kill the pain of all that nothing inside
We all just want to die a little bit
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have
We want to stop reading magazines
Stop watching T.V.
Stop caring about Hollywood
But we're addicted to the things we hate
We don't run Washington and no one really does
Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
The only reason you're still alive is because someone
Has decided to let you live
We owe so much money we're not broke we're broken
We're so poor we can't even pay attention
So what do you want?
You want to be famous and rich and happy
But you're terrified you have nothing to offer this world
Nothing to say and no way to say it
But you can say it in three languages
You are more than the sum of what you consume
Desire is not an occupation
You are alternately thrilled and desperate
Skyhigh and fucked
Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves
Let's stop this and start over
Let's go out - let's keep going
This is your life - this is your ******* life
We need something to kill the pain of all that nothing inside
Quit whining you haven't done anything wrong because frankly
You haven't done much of anything
Someone's writing down your mistakes
Someone's documenting your downfall

ARGH. Selections from Vern Gosdin's 1989 album, "Alone". He was an old-style traditional country singer, nicknamed "The Voice" (cuz he did have a very good one), who passed away a few years ago. He was known for very sad songs (often co-written with Max Barnes). "Tanqueray" could have had a sort of "Margaritaville" feel... but not with this dude singing it. "Paradise '83" and "That Just About Does It" are two other sad ones. I sometimes feel this urge to listen to Gosdin's music... and then have to follow it with some Def Leppard to counteract it ("Hysteria", "Animal", "Photograph")... 'course I do love Def Leppard too. BRB...

Aaaand now for the chaser:

Last edited:

Suzy Bogguss, Froggy Went A-Courtin' from her American Folk Songbook album

Last edited:
Hey, music fans, do me a favor if you please:

Whenever you post a video in this thread, please type in underneath who it is and the title of the song or music piece, and, if you want, what album it's from and, if it's live, when and where it was performed. That's because, if the video becomes unavailable, as is the case with certain ones already, we'll still know what earworm was taking up space in your brain when you posted it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, bah. I watched a rerun of Hogan's Heroes on TV last night, and now the theme music won't leave my head. Here's the beginning and ending themes.

Bobby Helms, Jingle Bell Rock once again. My thought process:

Donald Trump>movie appearances he's made>Home Alone 2: Lost in New York>Christmas movie>Christmas songs on the movie's soundtrack>Jingle Bell Rock>EARWORM!

It's just 100 days until Christmas, y'all. ;)

Maxi Priest - Close to You. I saw someone that looked like him the other day and it reminded me of that song.

Bing, the King of Swing, sings Mele Kalikimaka (with the Andrews Sisters)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hard Knock Life. They were playing it on the news after saying that Verne Troyer died and I have had it in my head ever since.

Currently stuck in my noggin: Latin Playboys' (of Los Lobos fame) "Manifold De Amour"....

Skip to 1:17 'cuz that's the part that's stuck in my head... before that is a minute+ of somber, sour-sounding strings. Off-key makes my spine crawl. LOL

Voy a navegar
al puerto del alma
cruzando el mar
hasta que llegaré

in English:
I’m going to sail
to the port of the soul
crossing the sea
until I arrive

Fantastic Negrito's version of Leadbelly's "In the Pines" performed on Live From Here on NPR. It's pledge time again (this time to donate books for kids' summer reading), so this was a best-of show this past weekend.

I'd already heard this tune (just as it is here) twice before... show's on Saturday evening, rebroadcast Sunday afternoon....

Never watched the footage and I'd recommend you don't either, just close your eyes & listen....

This guy's voice & soul absolutely destroy me. :smitten: Heard this song five or six times now... full-body goosebumps every f*cking time....

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Fantastic Negrito's version of Leadbelly's "In the Pines" performed on Live From Here on NPR. It's pledge time again (this time to donate books for kids' summer reading), so this was a best-of show this past weekend.

I'd already heard this tune (just as it is here) twice before... show's on Saturday evening, rebroadcast Sunday afternoon....

Never watched the footage and I'd recommend you don't either, just close your eyes & listen....

This guy's voice & soul absolutely destroy me. :smitten: Heard this song five or six times now... full-body goosebumps every f*cking time....

This version is MUCH better than e.g. the Nirvana's one, though i like the instrumental arrangement by Nirvana. Moreover, Kurt Cobain doesn't seem to get the matter.:???:And he deliberately slightly sings off pitch sometimes, which must sound good in some cases, but it has the opposite effect on me, brrrr. I just don't like Kurt Cobain, despite his pretty face:shrug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.