Music What's Playing In Your Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
**sigh** For some reason, I've awakened with the "Dirty Vaudeville" ditty in my head & it sticks with me for hours... and this has been the last three friggin' days. :brood: It's one of many sketches from Seth MacFarlane's Cavacade of Cartoon Comedy. Now Seth has some truly hilarious stuff & other bits that are pretty damn annoying. This song is very well written but it's driving me batty.

Warning: Comically lewd and NSFW or young'uns!!

I want this damn tune out of my head!! :bang: :lala:

The First Lady of Song (it's incredibly hard to choose, but she's my ultimate #1 fave female vocalist), Ella Fitzgerald.... and Duke Ellington's (OMG, what a genius) "Sophisticated Lady" has been running through my brain since I heard a teensy shout-out in Monk's "'Round Midnight" on the drive home....

We lived in Beverly Hills for 14 years. Ella Fitzgerald lived across the alley from us, but I never got to meet her. Unfortunately, even if I HAD gotten to meet her, I wouldn't have appreciated it back then, as I never took a real liking to jazz until well into adulthood. Some people just need lots of time to understand the music, I guess.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
We lived in Beverly Hills for 14 years. Ella Fitzgerald lived across the alley from us, but I never got to meet her. Unfortunately, even if I HAD gotten to meet her, I wouldn't have appreciated it back then, as I never took a real liking to jazz until well into adulthood. Some people just need lots of time to understand the music, I guess.
I wish there was an emoticon for jealousy. LMAO :p Ella Fitzgerald was your neighbor?!? :argh::woo:

I'm hearing that "Here Comes Krampus" song that someone posted in the "Countdown to Krampus" thread.

Over and over and over and over again.

I hope Krampus isn't like Candyman, where if I started singing that song under my breath enough times, Krampus would pay me a visit...

Ain't nothin' gonna break-a my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on movin'
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I got to keep on movin'

It's on an advert I keep hearing.:dizzy:

Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on movin'
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I got to keep on movin'

It's on an advert I keep hearing.:dizzy:

Well, I bought American Hustle last night... lots o' groovy tunes... but this is the latest earworm.... ELO's Long Black Road!!

Just a killer slow, dirty, drivin' groove to it... damn, I need this on my phone next... for kitchen jammin' or whenever....

Synced it to my phone 5 minutes after this post. Yeah, this is my "new" jam.... LOL :cool:

Last edited:
I'm blaming my excessive watching of The Martian again for this infuriating ear-worm.... :fp:

OMG, it's f*cking "Waterloo" by ABBA. :tinfoilhat: MAKE IT STOP!!!! :mad::lala::bang::cry:

Now, musically, ABBA was extremely talented... but their songs are absolute GARBAGE! :down: I will NOT post their video.

Go away now. Just go 'way. :sigh:

Now, musically, ABBA was extremely talented... but their songs are absolute GARBAGE! :down: I will NOT post their vide

Its a good point Madam I come across some artist with incredible musically talent and for some reason , sing the most crappy songs .:rolleyes:

I had a phone older than the one I have now, believe it or not... :p It too, stored music. Sadly, Frim Fram Sauce didn't transfer....

Nat Cole, with that silky ease of a voice... it's such a tasty old tune, with delicious innuendo....

Thanks for posting this. I had never heard it (nor heard of it) before.

The Frim-Fram Sauce - Wikipedia
You are most welcome. So glad you liked it. Please share.... more people need to hear this stuff & appreciate "older" tunes.... It's not only the new stuff that's edgy or racy or "dirty".... gotta go WAY back.... And the older sh*t managed to do that with WORDS, not videos. :cool:

In fact, quite a bit further back (18th century), we have Mozart with some very filthy compositions.... :rofl:

Mozart Wrote Dirty Songs, Too

And we can go SOOO much further back than that, but I need to make food now. :p

I like the dirty jazz/blues tunes, though... deeply suggestive & raunchy, yet classy about it. ;)

And one of my faves, Long John Blues... ya gotta wait for it though, it's in a medley... but so tasty....

Used to perform a Dinah Washington version of Blow Top Blues.... and used to play the above medley on the jukebox at a dive-n-jive bar I once gigged at.... (my ex & I gigged as a duo & were usually the only white folks there, it was truly awesome.) Ahhh, such good times! :dance:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.