What's in your Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh....I'll try getting some garden soil and see what I can do....
I had a little cantalope and a tiny watermelon grow in my compost once

It's easy! Put plants in dirt. Make sure dirt gets sunlight. Add just enough water to keep the dirt moist. Watch them grow.

There are issues like rodents and mildew. I'm dealing with that now. But most of my plants are doing fine.

Not enough!

I harvested my potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce, the few strawberries I got, mustard greens, dill and seeds, and have a bag full of lettuce seeds and am waiting for mustard greens to die to harvest the seeds. I've got a turnip plant growing (from a turnip), but my turnip seeds are not sprouting (?). A few more lettuce plants, radishes and broccoli going.

What else to plant? It's autumn here in Australia.

I like the idea of a hanging garden!

I should post more pictures of mine. Just string ropes across your yard, add stuff to them to safely keep rodents away (not spikes but stuff like plastic bottles), and then hang pots along the ropes.

Obviously, there are a lot of different things you can do with it, like adding lights, interesting rope and basket arrangements, etc. You can tie knots in the ropes so the baskets will stay in place regardless of the angle.

You can also do towers! Like a pole with plant containers attached to it. There are a lot of cool ideas out there.

I’m most excited about the lilacs and irises.
I’m researching how to care for the lilac bush. It’s not very big and only has a few flowers. I would love for it to thrive. I’m not sure about where it’s located. It only gets the afternoon/early evening sun.
I also have these little guys. Love them too. This is a stock photo as they are already starting to wilt. According to Google, I think they are lily of the valley.

ABB5184C-28C8-4606-B222-87F86D2CC460.jpeg

I’m most excited about the lilacs and irises.
I’m researching how to care for the lilac bush. It’s not very big and only has a few flowers. I would love for it to thrive. I’m not sure about where it’s located. It only gets the afternoon/early evening sun.
I also have these little guys. Love them too. This is a stock photo as they are already starting to wilt. According to Google, I think they are lily of the valley.

View attachment 21237

I've always wondered what those are! When I was growing up, a neighbor had a bush with flowers like that. I've never been able to get an ID for it.

Reactions: Val
I've always wondered what those are! When I was growing up, a neighbor had a bush with flowers like that. I've never been able to get an ID for it.
I know them! It's "Lundishi"! (Lily-of-the-valley).
IMG_20200527_173457.jpg

They are beautiful, but keep in mind, that all parts of the plant are highly poisonous, if accidentally ingested.

@KLS52 --Some of my favorites! I had a lilac bush and lilies of the valley at my old house. Appartantly I didn't take good care of it because it got increasingly smaller flowers. Lilacs smell so wonderful, just short lived! Two houses down from me know have a bush and I can smell it when I;m outside!
Lilies of the valley need no care that I know, they spread very well, I just learned yesterday they're quite poisoness o_O :skull:. I've always been around them, just glad I never brought them in the house! I don't bring any plants in the house as I know cats will nibble.
I have a couple old azalea bushes, pink like that- they are azaleas right? and my neighbor has those kinds of purpley iris's

This is for @silva (took the pictures about 2-1.5 hrs ago (i.e. at 10.30-11p.m.),- therefore, you can see that it's dark on the 2nd picture, and the flowers are closed for the night time already. These were the first 2 blooming lilac shrubs that i saw today during my extended walk (there were no flowers yesterday!) Like apple tree flowers (a few weeks ago), they crawled out in just one (previous) night!
IMG_20200528_002426.jpg

IMG_20200528_002533.jpg

"Discovered" one more lilac shrub today. It was gloomy and, therefore, pretty dark (~9.50-10.00 p.m.), and i thought, there would be less humanoids outside, ...but i was mistaken, and they were everywhere. So creepy... They were literally jumping on me from nowhere... When i have walks, i have to invent a lot of perverted ways to avoid them.
Very soon, lilac shrubs will be blooming everywhere. I like them a lot more than bird cherry trees.
IMG_20200528_231241.jpg

I have Japanese purple mustard that I've let go to seed and it has surprisingly beautiful yellow blooms. My herbs have exploded in size with the feverfew blooming and St John's wort ready to bloom in the next day or two. I also have what looks like 14 billion free seeded cherry tomato plants... they've even come up in concrete cracks! At least they transplant well.

It's autumn here now, so not as much as in the warmer months. But we have:

Chamomile (which when it flowers, I pick and dry the flowers for chamomile tea).
Broccoli.
Cauliflower.
Shelling Peas.
Carrots.
Chives.
Green Onions.
Red Onions.
Brown Onions.
Strawberry Plants that need to be thinned out.
Potatoes.
Catnip.
Rosemary.
Italian Parsley.

Status
Not open for further replies.