What's in your garden? (2016 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting lots of flowers but they are drying up and dying. The rest of the plant seems fine. It's just the flowers that are affected. No flowers no tomatoes.

I'm going to check into that...can't hurt at this point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in my Amazon cart in case I don't find it at Home Depot!

Mikkel, you might want to try overwintering your chili plants indoors, like I'm doing.

Yeah. They can't stay outside in winter. Most of the plants need to come inside during the winter, or else they will die here. Only one is the strawberries that will be able to make it outside...

I think we got it at Lowe's which is where we get most of our gardening supplies.
I have a Lowe's but it's a bit of a drive. The Depot is across the street from where I work. I keep forgetting Lowe's is there. I've been a few times.

I'm excited about the spray. I hope it works! Reviews were mixed but mostly positive. Hubby finished fixing the planter. I need more dirt now before I replant everything. I hope they can handle the stress they've gone through, lol. Hopefully the plants are better at it than I am, haha.

Reactions: Chryssie
My basil has started to sprout now. Small, green sprouts is coming up now. :D It's like being a kid again, getting excited over small things. :)
My basil is growing like crazy now! I think a pesto is in my near future. :)

My hot pepper plants have little peppers on them! I have to coax them to make more roots- they keep wilting, but I repotted them a week ago. And they look like they might be jalapeno instead of hot cherry- yay!!!!

I could have sworn I had 3 cherry tomato plants and 4 regular tomato plants, but it looks like I have 4 cherry tomatoes.

Reactions: KLS52
The wind knocked my green house down today. :( I saved most of my plant, and split the bell pepper, cayenne and jalapeno into smaller pots now, with each plant in one pot. And everything is in the kitchen now, and I have to buy something to secure it with!

The wind knocked my green house down today. :( I saved most of my plant, and split the bell pepper, cayenne and jalapeno into smaller pots now, with each plant in one pot. And everything is in the kitchen now, and I have to buy something to secure it with!
Sorry that happened, Mikkel. My vegetables are all but dead. Such a disappointment. I'm not even sure what did it. I took great care to make sure they were watered properly. I have a feeling that the planter is not suited for vegetables. I don't think it's deep enough. Or hubby didn't do enough for proper drainage. Or not enough sun. What a waste. [emoji20]

Our tomatoes are about done I think. The one plant that produces the small tomatoes is still producing but the other one did not do so well. I think we got 3 tomatoes even though the plant grew to be 8 feet tall. The smaller tomato variety seems to tolerate the heat better and we will get that one again next time. We got a few peppers but I think that one is done too. It wasn't a bad season but I really wanted MORE tomatoes than what we got.

How long is a season where you are? I would have thought it would be fairly long.

I think you can plant all year round if you get the right variety of plants. But summer gets so freaking hot that it fries them. I am really not sure cause we are new at this gardening thing! :D

Reactions: KLS52
Sorry that happened, Mikkel. My vegetables are all but dead. Such a disappointment. I'm not even sure what did it. I took great care to make sure they were watered properly. I have a feeling that the planter is not suited for vegetables. I don't think it's deep enough. Or hubby didn't do enough for proper drainage. Or not enough sun. What a waste. [emoji20]

It was a bit sad. Everything is in my kitchen now, and I'll stop and buy something to secure it with later today. And then they go out again. No clue what will survive during the winter, the season is allmost over now here.

Sad that you didn't get them to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.