Whatcha eating WFPB?

Yesterday I had quinoa (cooked with sundried tomatoes, green peas and corn), alongside 'water-fried' green vegetables (including some kale) and chickpeas - photo below. For the next serving of this dish I poured a mix of mustard + apple cider vinegar dressing. Nice

I also made a creamy version of my 'banana mix' dessert (photo at the bottom of this posting). I mashed two small-to-medium sized bananas in a bowl, using a fork, and added dried fruits (mostly dried berries and raisins), nuts, dates, cinnamon, coconut flakes, some tahini* and oat milk - and mixed it all very well. It was delicious - and it took about three minutes or so to prepare this delicious, healthy and easy-to-make dessert.

(*Tahini is optional - as I just happen to like it very much, and it does give dishes a distinctive flavor that perhaps not everyone is used to)

Alongside the creamy banana mix, I had a nice persimmon.

(The backdrop of my dinner: I was fasting almost the entire day - dinner was my main dish of the day, hence the hearty meal).

I didn't include the photos from your post in my reply here- but everything looked amazingly delicious.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Mazen
On Sunday night I had 'Lady Fingers (okra) on Quinoa*' : - ) The quinoa was cooked with corn, green peas, garlic, etc. (Photo below). Plus: my 'mashed banana dessert'... (with dried fruits - including barberries- and nuts; dates; cinnamon; dried coconut shaves; oat milk and tahini)...

On Monday night I had 'Lady Fingers on Buckwheat' (forgot to take the photo), and my 'mashed banana dessert' as well.
I love lady fingers (okra) so I do not mind having them several days in a row...
1706150810135.jpeg
1706150899519.jpeg

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
On Tuesday and Wednesday I made a 'large salad as main meal'. Besides the leafy greens (like kale and bok choy), tomatoes, cucumber and herbs, the salad included avocado, buckwheat, boiled baby potatoes, crushed nuts, etc.; on the Tuesday version I also added some chickpeas. The dressing was made out of vinegar, whole-blended-lemons, dijon mustard, tahini and nutritional yeast. It was very hearty and filling.

For dessert (on both days), I had my 'mashed banana mix' (with nuts, dried fruits, dates, oat milk, etc.) plus some fresh fruits (persimmons, mandarin)

Reactions: Emma JC
On Tuesday and Wednesday I made a 'large salad as main meal'. Besides the leafy greens (like kale and bok choy), tomatoes, cucumber and herbs, the salad included avocado, buckwheat, boiled baby potatoes, crushed nuts, etc.; on the Tuesday version I also added some chickpeas. The dressing was made out of vinegar, whole-blended-lemons, dijon mustard, tahini and nutritional yeast. It was very hearty and filling.

For dessert (on both days), I had my 'mashed banana mix' (with nuts, dried fruits, dates, oat milk, etc.) plus some fruits (a persimmon and a mandarin on Tuesday; a couple of persimmons on Wednesday).
I need to try the tahini-based (rather than oil-based) dressings. Your dressing sounds really tasty.

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
I need to try the tahini-based (rather than oil-based) dressings. Your dressing sounds really tasty.

I love a combo of hummus and tahini and lemon juice, mustard etc etc - for Christmas, I asked for and received, a small handheld milk frother which I use to mix these kinds of dressing - it works well.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: Mazen
I love a combo of hummus and tahini and lemon juice, mustard etc etc - for Christmas, I asked for and received, a small handheld milk frother which I use to mix these kinds of dressing - it works well.

Emma JC
Oh, that's good to know about the frother. Thank you! I have one of those somehwere, though it might be too large. I'll have to check.

Oh, and today I have had a smoothie with a banana, natural peanut butter, cinnamon and soy milk; a peanut butter sandwich on sprouted bread and grapes, plus an energy bite made with oatmeal, peanut butter, raisins, ground flaxseed and cinnamon. I'm going to have tofu, assorted roasted veggies and rice for dinner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC
I did good today.
oats with flax, a date, blueberries and amla powder
big cruciferous salad with pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, beets and ginger dressing
roasted cauliflower and a potato with lots of spice
Finished eating at 5

Thinking I should plan my dinner a day ahead

My stomach is feeling delicate so I am going to have some water and make a smoothie. I'm going to use bananas, maca powder, cocoa powder, cashew butter and soya milk. I'm trying to recreate one I buy in a local vegan cafe. I read maca powder is good for menopause symptoms so I might start using it everyday.

Homemade Just Egg scrambled with toasted sprouted bread and peanut butter and an orange
Smoothie made with soy milk, banana, blueberries, peanut butter and unsweetened cocoa (it also had some vanilla protein powder in it)
Dinner will be roasted acorn squash stuffed with a rice and black beans filling that also includes carrots, onions, garlic and tomatoes.

Yesterday I had farro (which I cooked with mixed vegetables, from the freezer - green beans, green peas, carrots, etc.), with fava beans on top - and a sprinkle of dijon mustard and tahini. For dessert: dried fruits, cashew nuts & dates mixed with soy milk, cinnamon, dried coconut flakes and a sprinkle of tahini**. All very nice

*I am becoming a big fan of farro - a whole grain and a great substitute for white rice; it is chewy and hearty, and goes well with almost anything you would normally have rice with; quinoa, buckwheat and barley are also on my favorite shortlist of white rice replacements; I am still working on millet - I tried to cook it once, and did not turn well - I will need to do more ' millet experiments' ...

** I think this shows I have become a tahini fan: I use it for both savory and sweet dishes...oh well...one day will try to make tahini from scratch, from raw sesame seeds...

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Yesterday I made an (experimental) 'quinoa biryani' - I cooked the quinoa with lentils, green beans, green peas, carrots, sundried tomatoes and corn (plus spices and a little miso). It was easy as I simply placed all these ingredients in a multi-cooker and left it alone until it was done. I later added some fava beans I had at hand, and mixed in some sumac, dijon mustard and tahini. The photo of the final dish is below.

I know it looks like a messy dish - but it is quite hearty and filling, with plenty of nutrients and fiber - i.e. with whole grains, legumes, veggies, seeds (tahini) - plus it was easy to do.

For dessert: I mixed dried fruits, dates, walnuts, cinnamon, dried coconut flakes, and tahini with some oat milk. It was nice.
1706759193386.jpeg

Oatmeak-banana bake, orange
Baked tofu wrap with greens, shredded carrots, onions, pickles and a little tahini
Green beans
Blueberries

Another serving of vegetable quinoa 'biryani' - this time, I topped it up with fresh leafy greens and fresh tomatoes, with a sprinkle of dijon mustard and tahini. For dessert: a mix of dried fruits, nuts, berries, cinnamon, dried coconut flakes and soy milk. Nice.

Yesterday I had a "Quinoa & Legumes* salad' , followed by a chia pudding with fruits, nuts and soy milk. All nice. Photos below.

[* Lentils, pinto beans, black beans and garbanzo beans were all in the salad -mixed with the quinoa, under the greens: a protein powerhouse]

1706927258314.jpeg
1706927231681.jpeg

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Oatmeal banana bake
Leftover Saag Dal and steamed rice
Blueberries
Pineapple chunks
Spinach
Homemade mung bean egg patty

Main meal: Large 'hearty' salad - with leafy greens, tomatoes, avocado, baby potatoes, assorted beans, buckwheat, crushed walnuts, chopped red chillies, dried chilly flakes and dried barberries. Dressing: a mix of balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, whole blended lemons and tahini.

For dessert: ' mashed banana' mix - with nuts and dried fruits, soy milk, cinnamon and a little tahini.

Reactions: PTree15
Oatmeal banana bake
Leftover Saag Dal and steamed rice
Blueberries
Pineapple chunks
Spinach
Homemade mung bean egg patty

I finally found a bag of the mung beans so I will try making something next week - I may start with French toast as that sounds appealing.

Can you use the mixture in place of egg in say a cake or cookies do you think?

Emma JC

Reactions: Mazen and PTree15