Whatcha eating WFPB?

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I often check the food threads for inspiration and thought it would be good to have one specific to whole food plant based meals.

I had farro, ground flaxseed (linseed) and mango for breakfast with a little oatmilk
a grapefruit and an orange with green tea
tempeh, onions, pepper, broccoli and some rice sauteed with soy sauce, ginger garlic

Thanks for starting this thread, Silva.
After too much laxity during the holidays, and birthdays, it's been difficult for me to stop making unhealthy "allowances".
You are inspirational!

Breakfast was avocado on toasted wholegrain pita, and a mandarin orange.
Lunch was a big soft pretzel, instead of a cookie I stopped into the gluten free bakery. Not whole grain, but yummy.
Supper was a thick barley leek and mushroom soup,
dessert- heated mixed berries with flax, chia, amla and stevia.

Should had more greens....

I love this thread. Thank you, silva!
Today, I've had baked oatmeal made with bananas and a dollop of (natural) peanut butter on the side. I guess PB is technically processed, but the main meal qualifies, I think. :)

Lunch will be a salad of kale, spinach, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery and olives and with sliced avocado on top. May or may not put dressing on it. Come to think of it, I could make a dressing using the avocado.

Breakfast- farro, flax, blueberries and oatmilk
Lunch- sauteed onion in some broth and wilted spinach, added chickpeas and some farro

I would include all nut butters!
I like adding the good alternative suggestions!

Breakfast oats and raisins with soybev, a small pear and a cutie.
Lunch was a wholewheat pita stuffed with fat free blackbean refried and mustard
Dinner- hubby is concocting giggly (gigly ) TJs pasta shaped like Dr Suess ruffle trumpets, with mushroom, onion kale and other veg.
I still need to stop relying on even the whole grain flour stuff, and cook more groats, grits and grains....

Reactions: bEt
Ok.
cabbage, red potatoes and chickpeas in the Instant Pot with seasoned broth. Probably should put in some carrots, but I don't want to. Maybe frozen peas after it's done

Reactions: bEt and PTree15
I had the baked oatmeal with the peanut butter again for breakfast.

Today's lunch was salad of kale, spinach, iceberg lettuce, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, pepperoncini and olives with homemade Italian dressing and red wine vinegar.

Dinner was a taco salad. The taco filling was made with soy curls, cauliflower rice, onions, tomato sauce and homemade taco seasoning. I put it in a bowl with iceberg lettuce, olives, corn, carrots and tomatoes.

I'm so stuffed from dinner, but if I have any room later, I'll have some blueberries and pineapple for a snack.

Reactions: bEt
I have been trying to eat more healthy after having Covid. I will probably be eating more WFPB for a while. Not 100%, but better food in general.

I had a smoothie with frozen bananas, blackberries and raspberries for breakfast with a big glass of lemon water.

I had leftover soup for lunch. White beans, carrots, onion, bell pepper and spinach. I had it with whole wheat toast. Vegan butter on the toast which is the only thing not. I suppose I could have had PB on it instead.🤔

I do feel very full up and satisfied.🤩

I've had an orange and half a grapefruit and lots of vegetables and greens from a salad. My salad wasn't 100% whole foods; I'd say it was 85%. :)

Reactions: Emma JC and bEt
Tonight was non-whole-food penne pasta and veggies.
Tomorrow's supper will be lentil vegetetsble soup and wasa rye crackers.
I'm trying to keep meals simple,
Breakfast -Oatmeal, flax,soy bev and fruit
Lunch - salad with greens and legumes, and ezekiel bread
Supper, soup or grain veg bowl.

Reactions: Emma JC and bEt
Oatmeal with nettles; tempeh with dry mustard and tahini; broccoli, potatoes w/ garlic

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm trying to work out what is the best bread to buy. I usually buy wholewheat, but it is from a supermarket so it might not be the best choice. I do buy fresh bread from Coop sometimes too, but I prefer sliced bread for toast.

I am having lemon water and then will have mashed avocado, grape tomatoes and sea salt on toast.

Reactions: bEt and Emma JC
I'm trying to work out what is the best bread to buy. I usually buy wholewheat, but it is from a supermarket so it might not be the best choice. I do buy fresh bread from Coop sometimes too, but I prefer sliced bread for toast.

I am having lemon water and then will have mashed avocado, grape tomatoes and sea salt on toast.

I try to buy sprouted bread like Ezekiel - we have a local brand that is less expensive than Ezekiel and still expensive, which is okay as it means I eat less of it.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Last edited:
Supper was a bowl of lentil and vegie kaleidoscope soup. My daily dozen list needed to tick off 2 more fruits and 1 serving of beans. So a small strawberry, banana and soybev shake for desert. 😋

Last edited:
Most of my meals are not completely WF, but yesterday I did have a lot of greens (spinach and arugula) and vegan ice cream made with just frozen bananas and a two tablespoons of almond milk. Very light and fluffy texture, but it froze well and seemed more like ice milk. I will tinker with the recipe some to get it to my liking. It really relies on the bananas being overripe for the sweetness.

I also had pineapple chunks, tomatoes and tofu quiche that had broccoli, cauliflower and onions in it. And I had chop suey made with soy curls.

An attempt at something like dosa-- I hope to repeat!
Veggies (Anredera cordifolia, carrot, potato) with . . . garlic :)

Reactions: Emma JC
I found the best Lebanese restaurant :heart_eyes:
I had a bowl with lentils, brown rice, pickled radish, sumac onions, baba ganoush, lettuce, falafel with a flatbread on the side, lemon garlic dressing and a garlic spread. I stuffed the flatbread and still had another serving.
I also got an order of stuffed grape leaves that were delicious.

I haven't been to a Lebanese restaurant in years! I'm going to google and see if there are any near me.

I have had lemon water and a bowl of mango today. I then had soup which was made with carrots, rice, red lentils, vegetable stock and a tin of low fat coconut milk. I think that is all WFPB apart from maybe the coconut milk?

Reactions: Mazen and Emma JC