Psychology The Narcissist vs. Your Self-Esteem

You're lucky as I have never been able to have a male friend. They all wanted to pursue the relationship 'further'.:rolleyes:

I find that it's easier having just one woman friend at a time. When lots of them get together that is when things
start to get as you say catty and gossipy.

Men can be just as catty and gossipy as women; in fact, I've frequently found them to be even more so.

Actually, it's one of the reasons mixed groups of friends/co-workers/etc. are preferable - it seems to keep most people from unleashing their worst sides.

Variety (age, ethnicity, background, etc., as well as sex/gender) makes for better groups, IME. It's one of the reasons the mere thought of living in a "retirement community" has always sent shivers down my spine.

OMFG, I need to get the hell out of here. Got into it (once again) with my NPD mother. :bang: It's a wonder I made it past childhood. Of course, I'm still very child-like, and not always in the good sense... dependent... which I guess is really quite common for folks in my situation.

I won't give details because it's just the same ol' stupid sh*t every time... doesn't matter what sparks it, it's always a case of her never EVER being wrong about ANYTHING.... constant denial, eternal dishonesty. And as always, I'M the rotten horrible one for pointing it out & daring to be utterly frustrated with an habitual liar. Some personality types just shouldn't have children. That's one reason why I never wanted any. If I didn't f*ck 'em up, the "grand-parenting" certainly would. :brood:

And me, now being of the brutally honest, no bullsh*t sort.... I can't f*cking stand it!!!! GRRRRR!!!! :mad: :bang: :mad:

Last edited:
OMFG, I need to get the hell out of here. Got into it (once again) with my NPD mother. :bang: It's a wonder I made it past childhood. Of course, I'm still very child-like, and not always in the good sense... dependent... which I guess is really quite common for folks in my situation.

I won't give details because it's just the same ol' stupid sh*t every time... doesn't matter what sparks it, it's always a case of her never EVER being wrong about ANYTHING.... constant denial, eternal dishonesty. And as always, I'M the rotten horrible one for pointing it out & daring to be utterly frustrated with an habitual liar. Some personality types just shouldn't have children. That's one reason why I never wanted any. If I didn't f*ck 'em up, the "grand-parenting" certainly would. :brood:

And me, now being of the brutally honest, no bullsh*t sort.... I can't f*cking stand it!!!! GRRRRR!!!! :mad: :bang: :mad:

:hug: :smitten: I also have an "overbearing" mother but I cant really talk about her because then people think I am the bad guy... etc.. the less I say about it the better anyway... I am constrained financially so things are as they are right now.

Thinking of you, i hope you can find some way to get out of where you are and into somewhere better and safer.

:hug: :smitten: I also have an "overbearing" mother but I cant really talk about her because then people think I am the bad guy... etc.. the less I say about it the better anyway... I am constrained financially so things are as they are right now.

Thinking of you, i hope you can find some way to get out of where you are and into somewhere better and safer.
Just a half-hour ago, I was driving here & relishing how freakishly GORGEOUS it is outside today.... and as soon as I walked into this house my mood plummeted. No one's spoken a word. Ahhh, bliss.... :brood:

She tried the gaslighting sh*t again... quite obviously (to me now)... a couple times, very recently.... :brood:

I'm glad I revisited this thread from page 1 & saw all the responses & support & mutual frustration.... I truly love you all. :hugs:

Last edited:
I saw a subreddit yesterday which was for people who had to interact with these malignant narcissists... anyway there was a woman talking about a situation with her mother, she wrote a long post about it..
what followed was about 20 posts from people, also lengthy and offering support and advice..
and then the next post was just one sentence "She sounds like a *uckin *****".. I just cracked up laughing. some people are of few words I guess.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra