The Halloween Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Halloween pet peeves of mine is that Bible thumpers thinking its a great to shove their beliefs on children and pass out gospel tracts, I used to do this and I felt bad about it because, I used Halloween as religous bate and not fun anymore, now I use it for fun...

A friend of mine once told me about her kids getting PETA stickers instead of candy for Halloween. I think giving out Halloween stickers would be nice instead of candy, but there's a time and a place for everything and that's just not it. That's how people give their organization (religious or veganism
Or whatever) a bad name.

Reactions: thefadedone
A friend of mine once told me about her kids getting PETA stickers instead of candy for Halloween. I think giving out Halloween stickers would be nice instead of candy, but there's a time and a place for everything and that's just not it. That's how people give their organization (religious or veganism
Or whatever) a bad name.

How do you feel about this? My sister and I did this when we were kids.

When I did gospel tracts , I got halloween ziplock bags and candy bars and candy and all that jazz and put everything in a ziplock bag and passed those out, with that way they can get fun things while getting the tracts and stuff and it was fun making the bags. I would do that this year but we aren't able to pass out anything.

:)
Or whatever) a bad name.

They could get both.

I have given out halloween pencils before, little plastic spider or ghost rings, eyeball erasers, etc. Also I make sure I have dimes to give when I run out of stuff.

Our old neighborhood had a million trick or treaters, and lots of the adults sat outside in lawn chairs giving out candy. This one guy always has martinis "for the ladies" with these silly plastic martini glasses. ;)

I'm not sure how many kids this neighborhood draws, as we haven't been here for a halloween yet. I will ask a neighbor.

20131003085257505707.jpg

2011020801402749218.jpg

I might break my no haunted houses thing this year. I think they are not scary and just startling. I don't like very loud noises, strobe lights make me dizzy and I am very easily startled by people unexpectedly walking in the room or near me to begin with. f's birthday is the 28th and he really wants to go to Universal Orlando Halloween Horror nights, so we might go. The roller-coasters and other rides might make up for it though.

Nope, but we may have a small party at the house. Money is too tight.

Or whatever) a bad name.

I think it'd be better, if you wanted to push veganism, to give out vegan sweets that somehow stated they were vegan. That way youre saying "look how awsome vegan candy can be". If PETA suddenly start making their own brand chocolate they totally read this thraed and stole it from me :p

I dont know what to beeee for halloween. I am torn between silly or scary, Im lacking inspiration hmph. Might be a bat, sounds fun to make.

Reactions: thefadedone
If the government can get their asses in gear and open up the government this week, we can get our major big lump sum check, so I can get my candy corn witch costume.

I found out that there are few to none trick or treaters here which is ok with me so I don't have to buy candy. I use to really enjoy handing out candy to the trick or treaters but in the last few years it seems to have become a rarity around here. Some people still decorate their yards up spooky or have those silly inflatables.

Status
Not open for further replies.